VizionEck: 15 secrets from the trailer

Started by Legend, May 11, 2014, 06:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

feihung

Mr Armbrust, tell you what,  if the community find all the secrets before launch, you must dedicate a easter Egg or something to us in the game.

If we can't find it, I will not only buy the game, but I will buy it for 3 other members of the forum. I'm not rich but as long as it's £10 or less I'll do it to support the game and in the name of sportsmanship...that and to drum up some excitement in here.

7H3

Mr Armbrust, tell you what,  if the community find all the secrets before launch, you must dedicate a easter Egg or something to us in the game.

If we can't find it, I will not only buy the game, but I will buy it for 3 other members of the forum. I'm not rich but as long as it's £10 or less I'll do it to support the game and in the name of sportsmanship...that and to drum up some excitement in here.

It's not meant ot be a contest, but rather something for the community to enjoy as we look at the videos and try to figure out what is going on. Some of them are fairly obvious, but others are not. Also in the future more trailers and images will be released will give added hints or reveals of these secrets.
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

feihung

I know it's not a contest, and didn't mean to turn it into one, my bad :)

7H3

Its all good. Could get into legal trouble if it was labeled as such so gotta be careful how stuff is worded on the official side of things.

Legend

I'll be putting tons of easter eggs in the game. You'll just have to wait and play it to see if there's one for this forum.

Also that's a generous offer. I'd be more than thankful for the support, but please don't feel like you have an obligation to do so.

feihung

Don't feel it's an obligation at all. I think it's more to do with supporting a community that you feel a part of :)

Riderz1337

Off topic but Legend, have you ever thought about having your game on PS Plus? It would be some great publicity for your game, and you'll still get paid even if it's being given out for free. If the game is good and people become well established with your developer name, then your next game could benefit from it because people know you have a reputation to make a good game.

It's a long term investment type of thing though, and IDK if you have the funds to support that. But anyways, I think you should still see how much Sony would pay you to have your game on PS Plus.
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

Legend

Off topic but Legend, have you ever thought about having your game on PS Plus? It would be some great publicity for your game, and you'll still get paid even if it's being given out for free. If the game is good and people become well established with your developer name, then your next game could benefit from it because people know you have a reputation to make a good game.

It's a long term investment type of thing though, and IDK if you have the funds to support that. But anyways, I think you should still see how much Sony would pay you to have your game on PS Plus.

As a gamer, I love PS+. It's allowed me to check out so many games that I otherwise wouldn't have had the chance to play. Sleeping Dogs really surprised me with its story and fun gameplay. I had zero interest in it, but after playing it on PS+ the game became one of my favorites.

It also is great for getting older games. I'm a huge fan of SotC and I've always wanted to play ICO, but I just didn't take the plunge and buy it in a store. With PS+ choosing the game for me, it was enough to go "no more holding off, I'm finally playing this."

Dayhalk

May 19, 2014, 11:48 PM Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 11:55 PM by Dayhalk
Looks like you can walk on walls?

There also appears to be some platforming elements.

How do you get out of the spawn point, doesn't seem to be any doors that I can see?

Looks like it has some elements of regular FPS games, such as King of the Hill or Capture the Flag.

(Edit)

Forget Capture the Flag as it doesn't look like their will be teams or how can you tell your friends from foes?

Legend

Looks like you can walk on walls?

There also appears to be some platforming elements.

How do you get out of the spawn point, doesn't seem to be any doors that I can see?

Looks like it has some elements of regular FPS games, such as King of the Hill or Capture the Flag.

(Edit)

Forget Capture the Flag as it doesn't look like their will be teams or how can you tell your friends from foes?

Talk about an amazing first post!

Updated list:

1: VizionEck has spawn rooms instead of spawn points. Both friends and foes spawn in the same room.

2: Yellow power-ups are found in the game. Collecting them increases jump height.

3:

4: VizionEck is a platformer at heart.

5: Rangers may have different relative gravities. Your enemies might be on the ceiling or walls, not just the ground.

6: Instead of displaying health with a HUD, health is displayed by the brightness of a Ranger's outlines. This allows you to know your own health as well as your enemies' health.

7:

8: Rangers have the ability to generate charge blocks above them. Charge blocks act as shields and can defend players against enemy attacks. This makes lower relative positions valuable.

9:

10:

11:

12: When a Ranger is low on health, they naturally blend into black backgrounds. This gives them a stealth advantage.

13:

14:

15: Spawn rooms have 24 cubes, but not all of them are Rangers. If a player doesn't move, it's impossible to tell them apart from a regular cube.

Your other points aren't on the list, but I can comment on one of them.

Each spawn room is slightly different depending on the map. With the one shown in the announcement trailer, the only way out is up.

Also welcome to the forum!

Dr. Pezus

7H3

Nice finds! I tried hinting to people to watch that first part again, but no one listened... :-p

Dayhalk

Thanks glad to be here, just trying to dissect the video.

Does shooting cost you life or make you dim, actually it looks more that depending on what side you get hit on you loose more life. Example - Bottom of cube 25%, sides 50% top 75%.

Since you have the option to grow an extra cube does this mean you trade being stealthy for more life?

Is third third person view?

That white cube room is the one thats giving me the most trouble, looks to be like an arena but it also looks like you can "walk" out of the room? Almost like if you can fight inside or outside on the walls.

7H3

Does shooting cost you life or make you dim, actually it looks more that depending on what side you get hit on you loose more life. Example - Bottom of cube 25%, sides 50% top 75%.
The charge block, (see #8 on list) acts as a sort of shield which is why the "lowest relative player has the advantage"

Since you have the option to grow an extra cube does this mean you trade being stealthy for more life?
The extra cube is the charge block and does act like a shield, and that is all I can say for now

The video is in third person view, the game is not, and that is not a(n intended) secret

That white cube room is the one thats giving me the most trouble, looks to be like an arena but it also looks like you can "walk" out of the room? Almost like if you can fight inside or outside on the walls.
perhaps... you got some great critical thinking skills going here! Welcome to the forum

the-pi-guy

He said the trailer is in 3rd person view, but the game is in first.
Beaten. :(

Go Up