15 secrets from the VizionEck trailer: revealed

Started by Legend, Sep 19, 2014, 07:16 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Hey,

Way back long ago I created the challange of finding "15 secrets" from the trailer. Well you guys did good hunting for them, but I feel it's time to give out the answers. The ones in bold were not figured out, or at least I am not aware of them being figured out.

Here we go!

1: VizionEck has spawn rooms instead of spawn points. Both friends and foes spawn in the same room.

2: Yellow power-ups are found in the game. Collecting them increases jump height.

3: Not everything in the game conforms to the art-style. There are occasional outliers. This is primarily hinted within the game's title itself.

"izionEck" is blocky and very straightforward, closely resembling the outlines from the game. The "V" however stands out from the rest with a completely unique style.

4: VizionEck is a platformer at heart.

5: Rangers may have different relative gravities. Your enemies might be on the ceiling or walls, not just the ground.

6: Instead of displaying health with a HUD, health is displayed by the brightness of a Ranger's outlines. This allows you to know your own health as well as your enemies' health.

7: The game takes place in a prison. The "cell" like room hinted at this.

(Thank you kotaku for the gif)

8: Rangers have the ability to generate charge blocks above them. Charge blocks act as shields and can defend players against enemy attacks. This makes lower relative positions valuable.

9: Charge blocks are weapons as well. Shooting a blast consumes the charge block. It must be re-charged before a Ranger can shoot again.

10: Cubes rise from the floor. This one was pretty obvious, but people failed to realize this happens both at the start of matches AND when players respawn. Unlike other FPS games, you'll never see a player just pop in.

11: It's impossible to tell which direction an enemy Ranger is looking. Unlike every other shooter, there are no "guns" in VizionEck (or even faces). The player looks the same regardless of which direction their camera is pointed.

12: When a Ranger is low on health, they naturally blend into black backgrounds. This gives them a stealth advantage.

13: Like Rangers, charge blocks have their health displayed by the brightness of their outlines. Charge blocks can be destroyed by enemy attacks.

14: Surfaces may have additional lines on them that are not outlines.

These are outlines that don't actually outline edges. The middle two squares in the picture are examples of this. There is no edge they're surrounding.

15: Spawn rooms have 24 cubes, but not all of them are Rangers. If a player doesn't move, it's impossible to tell them apart from a regular cube.

And thus ends the mystery of these 15 secrets.

Let me know what you think. Were any too hard? What do they mean for VizionEck as a whole? Etc.

-Mike

daredevil.shark

Greatness awaits #4theplayers

Legend

7H3

good stuff thanks for sharing!
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Xevross

Interesting.

Spoiler for Hidden:
<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px"><div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px"><b>Spoiler</b> for <i>Hidden</i>: <input type="button" value="Show" style="width:60px;font-size:10px;margin:0px;padding:0px;" onClick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.value = 'Show'; }"></div><div class="alt2" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px; border: 1px inset;"><div style="display: none;"><div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px"><div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px"><b>Spoiler</b> for <i>Hidden</i>: <input type="button" value="Show" style="width:60px;font-size:10px;margin:0px;padding:0px;" onClick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.value = 'Show'; }"></div><div class="alt2" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px; border: 1px inset;"><div style="display: none;"><div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px"><div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px"><b>Spoiler</b> for <i>Hidden</i>: <input type="button" value="Show" style="width:60px;font-size:10px;margin:0px;padding:0px;" onClick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.value = 'Show'; }"></div><div class="alt2" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px; border: 1px inset;"><div style="display: none;">Very interesting</div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div>

Shinobi-san

Points 10 and 11 are really interesting, and seems to be a fresh way to approach the genre! :)
Vizioneck STILL not banned at my workplace \O/

Shinobi-san

Interesting.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Very interesting

This post is awesome :D
Vizioneck STILL not banned at my workplace \O/

Xevross

NeverDies

Since you talk about all this stuff with me during the development phase, its really fun to see how you describe the finished product. Keep it up Bro!
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

the-pi-guy

Since you talk about all this stuff with me during the development phase, its really fun to see how you describe the finished product. Keep it up Bro!

I'm jealous. 
I really am. 

Legend

ethomaz

Pretty cool and interesting.

I want to try it.