What game/console do you wish achieved greater financial success?

Started by Legend, Nov 05, 2016, 04:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Vita is like the perfect handheld. Back touch is mocked but imo it's a killer feature. Man do I wish it sold better so better software could have happened.

I also wish God of War Ascension did better. The multiplayer was really unique and really fun! Would have loved to see more multiplayer in future GOW games and more mp like that in general.

the-pi-guy

Vita, of course.  
Great system.  On the note of the back touch.  It's really well implemented because it doesn't take away from any other parts of the system.  It would be pretty much the same great system with or without it.  

Wii U, also.  I really liked the gamepad.  There's only 1 game that I've played that I thought the gamepad legitimately made it a better experience.  Mario Maker.  Most games though, just kind of threw in some extra stuff for the gamepad. I really dislike what Nintendo did with the Wii U.  I can imagine plenty of good gamepad uses, and none of them happened.

Can't really think of any games.  I mostly enjoy single player.  
(I guess I'll cheat and say Naruto.  If it was super super financially successful, we could see some crazy GTA scale Naruto game.)  Aside from that, nothing.  

Legend

Vita, of course.  
Great system.  On the note of the back touch.  It's really well implemented because it doesn't take away from any other parts of the system.  It would be pretty much the same great system with or without it.  

Wii U, also.  I really liked the gamepad.  There's only 1 game that I've played that I thought the gamepad legitimately made it a better experience.  Mario Maker.  Most games though, just kind of threw in some extra stuff for the gamepad. I really dislike what Nintendo did with the Wii U.  I can imagine plenty of good gamepad uses, and none of them happened.

Can't really think of any games.  I mostly enjoy single player.  
(I guess I'll cheat and say Naruto.  If it was super super financially successful, we could see some crazy GTA scale Naruto game.)  Aside from that, nothing.  
Back touch is like a killer feature for sniper zoom. Just slide your finger to perfectly control zoom levels instead of having to jump between levels.

Also back touch is great in remote play for emulating R1 L1. Don't have to take your fingers off the analogue sticks to use them.

I still don't care for the Wii U gamepad. It's good when replicating a tablet but I never thought of it as useful when paired with the TV. Mario Maker would be just as great if you never turned on the TV right? (I don't own it)

the-pi-guy

Back touch is like a killer feature for sniper zoom. Just slide your finger to perfectly control zoom levels instead of having to jump between levels.

Also back touch is great in remote play for emulating R1 L1. Don't have to take your fingers off the analogue sticks to use them.
I overstated "It's the same either way".  I just mean if you didn't implement something for it, the touchpad doesn't hurt your experience.  And it does have some great uses.  

I still don't care for the Wii U gamepad. It's good when replicating a tablet but I never thought of it as useful when paired with the TV. Mario Maker would be just as great if you never turned on the TV right? (I don't own it)
Yeah.  
Gamepad lets you interact in ways you couldn't interact with a TV.  Whereas there's not really much a TV can do, that the gamepad can't.  
The TV's benefit would be for games where you can't have everyone interact with a gamepad.  

Mmm_fish_tacos

Is there no love for sega? id trade sega for MS any day off the week.

the-pi-guy

Is there no love for sega? id trade sega for MS any day off the week.
"If there was a vending machine with Sega in it, I would shove MS in the coin slot like nobody's business."  

ethomaz

Nov 06, 2016, 07:58 PM Last Edit: Nov 06, 2016, 08:01 PM by ethomaz
Wii U

Sega instead MS could be a dream.