What games have you changed your opinion on over the past few years?

Started by Legend, Jul 07, 2016, 08:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Civ beyond earth was one for me. I really liked it at launch, but i've found myself just going back to Civ 5. Game had a lot of problems I missed during the launch hype.

the-pi-guy

Haven't really had that.
The closest I can think of, would probably be Donkey Kong 64.  I still like the game, but I kind of had a moment where I remembered it a little more fondly.  Doesn't seem to control as well as I remembered.  Although, I dont know if that was because of the emulator.  

Xevross

Civ beyond earth was one for me. I really liked it at launch, but i've found myself just going back to Civ 5. Game had a lot of problems I missed during the launch hype.
I never liked civ beyond earth. Played one game and have never gone back. Played way over 100 hours of Civ 5 since. Total waste of money.

I can't think of any right now tbh

Proxum

Jul 08, 2016, 01:47 AM Last Edit: Jul 08, 2016, 01:50 AM by Proxum
Minecraft on release was actually a creative and interesting game. Now, a few years later, it has been so milked everyone including myself despises it and its community.

I never liked civ beyond earth. Played one game and have never gone back. Played way over 100 hours of Civ 5 since. Total waste of money.

I really agree with you there. I have played too many hours on Civ 5 now due to beyond earth being so dull. I trust they will do the series good with Civ 6, and it will be a refreshing addition.
乁(Ꝋ ͜ʖꝊ)ㄏ
Don't matter anyways

Mmm_fish_tacos

I never understood the minecraft craze.

I think most of of my changed opinions come from games that didn't age well. Like Tex Murphy games. Loved them when I was a kid, But I bought the whole collection and it's so hard to go back and play the old game. I was playing the newest one, and I liked it, but like most games I just stopped playing it. I do need to go back and finish it.

Proxum

It was a nice and relaxing game for me. That game could truly change you mood and hook you on a building for hours at a time. I built many huge maps with hundreds of buildings, probably clocking in over 300 hours. This was before the whole youtube scheme was mainstream so the community wasnt mainly kids. I only played singleplayer anyway though.
乁(Ꝋ ͜ʖꝊ)ㄏ
Don't matter anyways

Xevross

Minecraft on release was actually a creative and interesting game. Now, a few years later, it has been so milked everyone including myself despises it and its community.

I really agree with you there. I have played too many hours on Civ 5 now due to beyond earth being so dull. I trust they will do the series good with Civ 6, and it will be a refreshing addition.
Yeah the community is so bad now. Like you said, it got so popular on youtube with all of the annoying crowd so the average age of its players is probably about 14 now.

I'm tentative about civ 6 after how much BE let me down and with how much it costs. I might wait until after it launches to buy it.

Minecraft's at its best when you're building things. It really is the ultimate sandbox because you can do literally anything. Just look at the guy who build a giant GBA with a working pokemon fire red on it. I've also had loads of fun with friends playing mod packs. The really in depth ones with machines and loads of complicated things you can craft have so much content to enjoy.

The minecraft community right now though is all about pvp servers which are populated with all the young kids that had naughtiness with your mum last night.

the-pi-guy

Minecraft is like Legos.  

Legend

I'm tentative about civ 6 after how much BE let me down and with how much it costs. I might wait until after it launches to buy it.
I was really really let down and worried by the initial screenshots, but the gameplay gives me hope.

Plus