What game was your biggest disappointment?

Started by Legend, Jul 16, 2015, 03:05 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

As far as money wasted, it'd be Slender the arrival. One of the only games I've bought spontaneously and I've never touched it since.

As far as failing to deliver on hype, that'd maybe be the order 1886. I've yet to play it but the game just didn't deliver what I thought it would.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Money. Mk2 I was so hyped and it took me forever back then to save 50 bucks. I played for a bit and got bored.

Hype. Gears of war. My friend had to drag me though the story.

BananaKing

CoD: Black Ops. was a piece of sour apple of a game. geez....

Batman Arkham Asylum. people were saying it was great, and i was excited to play it. was utter shame.

Transistor: ugh.... the game just didnt grab me, the gameplay, the power ups... was so sad that i didnt like it. i LOVED bastion.

Xevross

Batman Arkham Asylum. people were saying it was great, and i was excited to play it. was utter shame.

Transistor: ugh.... the game just didnt grab me, the gameplay, the power ups... was so sad that i didnt like it. i LOVED bastion.
I feel like crying. Black Ops is one of my favourite games of all time and transistor was one of my favourites of last year. :'( :'(

Battlefield 4 might be up there for me, I was recommended it quite a lot so I was looking forward to it but I didn't like it at all. I'm not saying its bad, its just not the kind of MP shooter I like.

Also f1 2015 has to be mentioned, I was so excited for it and it turns out its pretty shame. Gj codemasters, I don't trust you any more. :(

kitler53

TLoU, i've bought it twice now (ps3 and ps4) and i still can't get myself to load the games start menu.  i love uncharted soo much i don't know why i'm so reluctant to even give this game a try.

i'm mostly disappointed in myself.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

TLoU, i've bought it twice now (ps3 and ps4) and i still can't get myself to load the games start menu.  i love uncharted soo much i don't know why i'm so reluctant to even give this game a try.

Well on the topic of buying a game and never even touching it, for me that'd be infamous festival of blood. It was on sale and I had some PSN credit left over so I bought it on a whim, only to never download it.

Dr. Pezus

Wow, worst list ever?

TLoU, i've bought it twice now (ps3 and ps4) and i still can't get myself to load the games start menu.  i love uncharted soo much i don't know why i'm so reluctant to even give this game a try.

I was wrong

FLGibsonIII

All aboard the hype train.

7H3

"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Shinobi-san

Jul 17, 2015, 11:26 AM Last Edit: Jul 17, 2015, 11:28 AM by Shinobi-san
The Last of Us and Enchanted Arms.

Had no expectations going into Enchanted Arms but it was one of my first PS3 games...and i found it really boring!

The Last of Us...I had very high expectations but this game just turned out to be frustrating and i found the gameplay to be pretty standard.

For this gen the games I've been disappointed with have only been Assassin's Creed games: AC 3, AC 4: Black Flag and most of all AC: Unity.

AC unity...for the first "true" next gen AC game i was super dissapointed. The gameplay didnt offer much new and the graphics were not impressive at all. Not to mention the horrible performance. Nothing about this game grabbed me.

AC 3 I was super hyped for, it seemed different based on the trailers etc. but it never really lived up to the hype of AC 2 and Brotherhood. Again no truly new gameplay features.

In fact just in general the AC franchise from my perspective seems to be at a creative block. They really need to change up the location significantly and more importantly change up the core gameplay.

AC 4 was pretty good though, but again nothing that new. The sea focus was nice. This was a really polished AC, but still disappointing in that nothing radically different. I guess i am one of those people that expect franchises to mix it up especially when moving to new generations and especially in a new numbered entry to the franchise.

I'm just a really big fan of AC so my expectation for the franchise has been REALLY high. AC 3, 4 and Unity are not bad games, but compared to my expectation they were all disappointing.

Vizioneck STILL not banned at my workplace \O/

BasilZero

Arkham Asylum was awesome : ( why u hatin.

@OP -

I would say for me it was Quest 64 for the N64......I bought it without a memory card...got towards the end of the game and died to the last boss...........after playing 18 hours straight.

fudge this game.

Xbro

I've honestly only bought 2 games day one in my life. I usually wait until someone I know personally is able to recommend a game for me. This usually alleviates disappointment. However, there are a few games that have still disappointed me, greatly or not.

- Super Paper Mario. Good game. But come on, it's a follow up to one of the best games to grace gaming. It falls short and doesn't quite live up, and definitely didn't meet my expectations.

- Phantom Hourglass. I don't even need to say anything here. Another follow-up to an amazing game that just fell waaay to short of anything. My least favorite Zelda game here. And I've played them all.

- Metroid Other M. The trailer looked cool. I didn't even get the game until a year or so after it came out and I was still disappointed. This is a game that I didn't look up impressions for, so I didn't know it was hated.

- Twilight Princess. One of the two games I've bought day one. Don't get me wrong, I love this game. Very much so. I just had way too much hype for it.

- Persona 3. Went in expecting great things. Came out of the final boss tired of it.
3 people like this

Legend

- Metroid Other M. The trailer looked cool. I didn't even get the game until a year or so after it came out and I was still disappointed. This is a game that I didn't look up impressions for, so I didn't know it was hated.
Haha how could you possibly avoid hearing about the backlash?

Xbro

Haha how could you possibly avoid hearing about the backlash?
I wasn't as big on the internet back then. I don't think I actually started paying attention to everything until 2012-13
3 people like this

the-pi-guy

The Last of Us...I had very high expectations but this game just turned out to be frustrating and i found the gameplay to be pretty standard.
Blasphemer!