Predict sales of Sony's big 2018 hitters

Viewing single post

Started by Dr. Pezus, Apr 09, 2018, 01:36 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

I'm gonna take Xev's and make some adjustments.  

Lifetime:

God of War 13.5m

With the recent success of Uncharted 4, I think GoW will be huge.  7 million at minimum for the year.  Uncharted 4 is just monstrous.  It like destroyed years of sales for previous titles in only the first 7 months.  Assuming GoW sees similar monster sales, it should safely see 11-12m which is about where everyone is.  Just thinking that PS4 still has a few years on the market, I'm gonna be extra optimistic here.  

Detroit: 4.5m  

I think if it is well received, it could be around 5m.  But if it scores closer to Beyond, I think it'll do closer to 2.5-3m, and that's probably what it'll do...  Overall, everyone is doing about this range.  I'm gonna be optimistic and say 4.5m

Spiderman 15m

This one is tough.  It could be a monstrous game, if it plays off Spiderman IP, ends up being a fantastic game.  If they play their cards right, this could end up being a 15+m game.  If it doesn't end up doing that, it could end up being a 7m game, which is still fantastic.  I'm going to assume it'll reach the hype.  I'm feeling optimistic on this day!  (Although perhaps not as optimistic as Xev.)

2018:

God of war 9.5m
Detroit 3.5m
Spiderman 8m  (Spiderman releases towards the end of year, and I think if it ends up being awesome, it'll have ridiculously good legs.)

First week:

God of war 3m
Detroit 2m
Spiderman 4.5m