PC Community Thread

Started by the-pi-guy, Jul 31, 2014, 02:28 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

7H3

When I was doing some promotions at a microcenter in my area a lot of customers were talking about the boost you get from utilizing 2 video cards in one pc and I think bridging them together
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

the-pi-guy

When I was doing some promotions at a microcenter in my area a lot of customers were talking about the boost you get from utilizing 2 video cards in one pc and I think bridging them together

Do you have any experience with SLI/CrossFire? 

Legend

You get like 1.8x the power of just one card.

The newer the card, the closer it is to 2x.

7H3

Do you have any experience with SLI/CrossFire? 

no... when I built my pc (almost 2 years ago I think) I just based it around my cpu (amd athelonx3) and made sure I got a motherboard that would allow me to use 16gb of ddr3 ram... I reused some parts like tower, psu, cd drive....

the-pi-guy

no... when I built my pc (almost 2 years ago I think) I just based it around my cpu (amd athelonx3) and made sure I got a motherboard that would allow me to use 16gb of ddr3 ram... I reused some parts like tower, psu, cd drive....

Me either, but I read up on it quite a bit while building my newest computer. 
Was making sure that my motherboard and PSU would support it.  Not sure if I will SLI, but the option is there if I do.  :)

7H3

yeah when I rebuilt mine I just wanted to replace my ram and cpu on current build... but soon found out that my motherboard didn't support either of the items I was wanting LOL
it was my first (and only) time building a PC from scratch, went better than I was expecting tho!

the-pi-guy

yeah when I rebuilt mine I just wanted to replace my ram and cpu on current build... but soon found out that my motherboard didn't support either of the items I was wanting LOL
it was my first (and only) time building a PC from scratch, went better than I was expecting tho!

I learned quite a bit building from scratch.  Like that not all motherboards fit in all cases, there are ATX, BTX, etc.  So I decided to get a new case. 

Shinobi-san

Huge PC gamer.

Thanks to Steam sales + Pezus + Shinobi + Xypher (both pezus and shinobi know who dis is) + humble bundles = I am a PC gamer now.

Been a PC gamer since Nov 2012 so its gonna be my 2 year anniversary :O

(Although I have shamefully played "PC" games via MMOs in the past >_>....never again.

Currently playing both The King of Fighters XIII Steam Edition and Mass Effect 1 - both on Steam of course.

I miss playing with you guys and just chilling out on axon :(

Its a shame that we ended up playing different games...plus i always bring the lag with me XD
Vizioneck STILL not banned at my workplace \O/

BasilZero

I miss playing with you guys and just chilling out on axon :(

Its a shame that we ended up playing different games...plus i always bring the lag with me XD

Well nowadays its just me and xypher playing but at a few times not as much as before since I'm full time work + school :(.

I am free on Tuesdays and Saturdays though!

Xypher's been playing Dark Souls II on Steam with another friend and well everyone else disappeared lol.

the-pi-guy

Planning on getting a GTX 770, or depending on the price a GTX 870 when it comes out. 

darkknightkryta

My laptop came with two.

One is an intel HD 4000 and the other is an Nvidia GeForce GT 630M (1 GB GDDR5)

That's the same as mine I believe, though I might have the 640m.  They put the intel card in there to save battery.

BasilZero

Dr. Pezus

ACIII is still on mine too lol. Never played it. Bad word of mouth has kept me from buying

BasilZero

ACIII is still on mine too lol. Never played it. Bad word of mouth has kept me from buying

Price has kept me from buying it.

I'll get it when the Deluxe edition/gold edition or w/e its called is the same price as AC brotherhood/Revelations.

Dr. Pezus

Price has kept me from buying it.

I'll get it when the Deluxe edition/gold edition or w/e its called is the same price as AC brotherhood/Revelations.

I think I saw it for $5 recently. The basic version that is

Go Up