Neil Druckmann: The Last of Us movie has 'kind of entered development hell' - NeoGAF

Started by Legend, Apr 05, 2016, 11:47 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Neil Druckmann: The Last of Us movie has 'kind of entered development hell' - NeoGAF

Didn't see this posted. I'm glad this is the case, honestly. They can never get game adaptations right.http://www.gamesradar.com/last-us-mo...gn=buffer_grfb"I know I said in an interview a while back we had a table read, got the script to a good place and it kind of entered development hell like these things tend to do," he explained. "There hasn't been any work done on it in over a year and a half." On Uncharted's adaptation: "Every once in a while they'll come in and they'll present to us: here's the script, here's what we're thinking. We'll tell them what we think works, what we think doesn't work," he said. "That's where we're at. Last I heard is they got a new screenwriter, but we haven't seen anything in a while." Druckmann also stressed that it's key for the team at Naughty Dog that the characters are just right.

Xevross

I was just thinking about this movie. This is a shame as it had great potential but I don't think they could ever emulate the character progression of the game.

BananaKing

its good that both this and the uncharted movie arent moving along. while i would love a great TLoU or Uncharted film, i doubt they could ever make one. so yeah, its better that they dont ruin the franchises with bad movies.