Gran Turismo Sport Review Thread: mc 76 (66 reviews) oc 76 (53 reviews)

Started by ethomaz, Oct 16, 2017, 07:11 PM

previous topic - next topic

Dr. Pezus

Mmm_fish_tacos

I'm all for stricter screening of who actually gets put on metacritic but language really shouldn't be a factor. metacritic is a site for aggregating global review scores, not american scores.
I get that, but the most of the developed world speaks english. And metacritic is an english speaking site.  And i would also be okay if google translate would work. But it wont work with their site.

DerNebel

I get that, but the most of the developed world speaks english. And metacritic is an english speaking site.  And i would also be okay if google translate would work. But it wont work with their site.
And because most of the world speaks english reviewing outlets from for instance germany should translate their reviews to english to appear on metacritic, I think that's highly unreasonable. If google translate doesn't work with that site than that's unfortunate but certainly not reason alone to take the reviewer off of metacritic.

Now that idiotic review that forbes handed in, that would be shame that I wouldn't let fly, cause it shows that the reviewer didn't even put any effort into this shame at all.

Mmm_fish_tacos

PD shame the bed
Na its a good game, best racer ive ever played. Its reviewers that expected more of the same that shame the bed, that reviewed it like it was gt7 and not based on what the game actually is.

And because most of the world speaks english reviewing outlets from for instance germany should translate their reviews to english to appear on metacritic, I think that's highly unreasonable. If google translate doesn't work with that site than that's unfortunate but certainly not reason alone to take the reviewer off of metacritic.

Now that idiotic review that forbes handed in, that would be shame that I wouldn't let fly, cause it shows that the reviewer didn't even put any effort into this shame at all.
Let me go read it.

Na its a good game, best racer ive ever played. Its reviewers that expected more of the same that shame the bed, that reviewed it like it was gt7 and not based on what the game actually is.
Let me go read it.

Am i missing something? I just did a quick read. Other beaides i dont agree that the words he used makes it a 71. Sounds like a high 70s from him
 And again complaining about stuff missing from a mainline gt.

DerNebel

Let me go read it.
Am i missing something? I just did a quick read. Other beaides i dont agree that the words he used makes it a 71. Sounds like a high 70s from him
 And again complaining about stuff missing from a mainline gt.
I was refering to what Ethomaz posted on the last page. If you can't even be bothered to do some proof reading then I don't think you should be added to Metacritic.

Mmm_fish_tacos

I was refering to what Ethomaz posted on the last page. If you't even be bothered to do some proof reading then I don't think you should be added to Metacritic.
They already denied me. They must be doing something right.

Dr. Pezus

Na its a good game, best racer ive ever played.
Im sure it's good, but it has tough competition. It's like PD can just do one thing right at a time. On PS3 they had plenty of content but lacked in polish, UI, sound etc. Now they listened to those complaints yet managed to have like one fourth of or less content vs its competitors in the process, having spent years making it.

ethomaz

DF GTS Pro vs Forza 7 PC 4k Max

Video:

Article:
Tech Analysis: Gran Turismo Sport vs Forza Motorsport 7 • Eurogamer.net

GTS wins in every graphical point except resolution... definitively the most technical gorgeous graphics in a racing sim even when running in a way weaker hardware.

Mmm_fish_tacos

To be fair they also said Forza 7 had better Trackside textures but that was about it.

Some side by side shots.

katakpisang

Deserved that score

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe turned out the highest rated racing game  ;D ;D ;D

Xevross

Well, I'd say this was expected but you all predicted much higher metas than me. Honestly I kind of agree with reviewers, the single player 'campaign' is full of a lot of boring events and is very short

Dr. Pezus

Well, I'd say this was expecting but you all predicted much higher metas than me. Honestly I kind of agree with reviewers, the single player 'campaign' is full of a lot of boring events and is very short
I said 79 though, which isn't far off!

Mmm_fish_tacos

Amazon has the g29 half off today if anyone is intrested. I ordered one.

Legend

Predicting 74

Closest person/people will get raffle tickets.
We win!

Dr. Pezus

Go Up