Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition REVIEW thread - 93 MC/ 91 OC

Started by Dr. Pezus, Aug 29, 2018, 10:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

It's really annoying how npcs will talk to people in your party instead of you sometimes. I have to reload so many saves because of that.

Dr. Pezus

It's really annoying how npcs will talk to people in your party instead of you sometimes. I have to reload so many saves because of that.
Huh, why?

Ign gave it 9.6 today

Meta increased to 93 but OC weirdly down to 91 from 94

Legend

Huh, why?

Ign gave it 9.6 today

Meta increased to 93 but OC weirdly down to 91 from 94
The game really really wants to be played as a multiplayer game I think. It's set up for 4 player co-op just like a tabletop game.

When you play solo, you control the other players during combat but the story treats them as AI controlled. So then it's really jarring when it randomly forces you to talk as them. Plus it's often a forced fail state since that companion doesn't have the same dialogue options.

I want to play the game as my player darn it!

Legend

I keep on having too many issues to really agree with these scores.

Big annoying thing on my mind is that this pet thing follows you around. It has a great story but in combat it blocks walking! I've had multiple fights where people in my party have to just stand back and wait it out since the pet boxed them in a corner.

Dr. Pezus

Big annoying thing on my mind is that this pet thing follows you around. It has a great story but in combat it blocks walking! I've had multiple fights where people in my party have to just stand back and wait it out since the pet boxed them in a corner.
Nobody puts baby in a corner!

Xevross

I agree with you on that bit, for me it just scrapes 9/10 overall. Really great game but too many problems to be exceptional.

I don't recall that being a problem for us but you'll find there's always something annoying like that going on throughout the game. I barely ever felt perfectly happy when I was playing it, something was always annoying or dragging it down.

Go Up