How fast should Sony abandon PS4 once PS5 launches? IE repeat PS4 or pull a Switch?

Started by Legend, Aug 14, 2018, 09:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

So in your opinion should Horizon 2 be PS4 only, PS4 and PS5, or PS5 only?

Should TLOU 2, Death Stranding, and Ghost of Tsushima have day one PS5 ports?

BananaKing

Death Stranding should be cross gen and a launch title for PS5. Have it release on the same day as PS5. if PS5 isn't backwards compatible (which I think it will be) then they should release TLoU and Ghost versions shortly after launch

Legend

Death Stranding should be cross gen and a launch title for PS5. Have it release on the same day as PS5. if PS5 isn't backwards compatible (which I think it will be) then they should release TLoU and Ghost versions shortly after launch
Should those PS5 versions just be basic ports with better graphics or should they be "deluxified" with new features?

Xevross

Anything released before PS5 should be a PS4 game with later ports/ remasters/ BC. Anything released after should be PS5 only.

I think everything left announced should be ps4 but anything new like horizon 2 should be ps5, unless they announce it for 2019 (I'm assuming ps5 is 2020).

Legend

Anything released before PS5 should be a PS4 game with later ports/ remasters/ BC. Anything released after should be PS5 only.

I think everything left announced should be ps4 but anything new like horizon 2 should be ps5, unless they announce it for 2019 (I'm assuming ps5 is 2020).
What's wrong with inferior PS4 ports?

Xevross

What's wrong with inferior PS4 ports?
They take early exclusives away from ps5, and they probably take a lot of dev time compared to PS5 only games

Legend

They take early exclusives away from ps5, and they probably take a lot of dev time compared to PS5 only games
Could contract out the port like lots of big publishers do.

EDT: out of Sony published games, was GT6 the only one to release on PS3 after the PS4 launch?

Infamous, Driveclub, Bloodborne, and The Order didn't have PS3 ports.

Xevross

EDT: out of Sony published games, was GT6 the only one to release on PS3 after the PS4 launch?

Exactly, they should just do what the did at the start of this gen but don't make the GT6 mistake again, that should have been PS4.

BananaKing

Lbp3 released on PS3 as well as PS4

Kerotan

Gt6 was a bad mistake. It would have looked great and ran great on the ps4. Plus it would have sold 5m+ easily on the ps4. Unlike sport it had a lot of content.

Legend

Gt6 was a bad mistake. It would have looked great and ran great on the ps4. Plus it would have sold 5m+ easily on the ps4. Unlike sport it had a lot of content.
Would Sport have done a lot worse though if PS4 already had a GT game?

Xevross

Lbp3 released on PS3 as well as PS4
Lol I forget that LBP3 was a thing. What a shame game that was, I think they learned their lesson. Releasing on PS3 as well was probably one of their big mistakes.

I don't think so, sim racing gamers are mostly starved for good games so most people would have bought both. Source: me.

Xevross

Also GT Sport has a lot of content now, it's had fantastic post-launch support just like driveclub. Plenty of single player content to have fun with.

Kerotan

Probably even better considering the series word of mouth would have been even bigger since gt6