Video Game Sales Thread

Started by Xevross, Aug 14, 2014, 02:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

DerNebel

It seems weird to me.  
Like how would he know they are planning to release PR?  
Retail partners may have gotten PR ahead of time or something, idk.

Legend

3.3 for Spidy is my guess. The real question is which PS4 exclusive will break the record next.

Tomb Raider has been handled so poorly. First one could have easily set up a massive success for the trilogy but instead they keep doing worse and worse.
Spot on!

Dr. Pezus

I'm gonna say 3.5m for spidey
Spot on! *

*Bundles included

the-pi-guy

Spot on! *

*Bundles included
I'm gonna fight you.

Dr. Pezus

Cute Pikachu

Sep 21, 2018, 01:37 PM Last Edit: Sep 21, 2018, 01:41 PM by Cute Pikachu
Smash Bros preorders in the U.S are apparently gigantic already. Estimates for its first month in te U.S is between the 3-3.5 Million range.
Pokémon preorders are alright overall but terrible for a Pokémon game.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Xevross

Sep 21, 2018, 02:15 PM Last Edit: Sep 21, 2018, 02:20 PM by Xevross
Smash Bros preorders in the U.S are apparently gigantic already. Estimates for its first month in te U.S is between the 3-3.5 Million range.
Pokémon preorders are alright overall but terrible for a Pokémon game.
Smash is going to be huge for sure. Pokemon would be big if it was on a bigger install base which has been adopted by more casuals. The kind of people the changes are catering to don't have the Switch yet so won't pre-order (not to mention they're less likely to pre-order games anyway), and not many of them are going to buy a console just for a pokemon game. Couple that with alienating long term fans with many unwanted changes and its not surprising pre-orders are extremely low. They're going to need some good BF pokemon deals methinks.

Cute Pikachu

Pokémon Generation 8 will probably be the biggest generation since Gen 2. So much is riding on it, and if insiders are correct in saying this is the Breath of the Wild of the franchise, the series may return to 20 Million or higher. It'll be interesting to watch. Gen 8 will probably be revealed between February-April.
Pokémon Let's Go May underperform and sell similar to say Ultra Sun and Moon(8 Million soon to be 9 Million), but it's still going to be a huge money maker for them(60 dollars now).

I'm getting it since it's fudgy pokemon

BananaKing

Pokémon Generation 8 will probably be the biggest generation since Gen 2. So much is riding on it, and if insiders are correct in saying this is the Breath of the Wild of the franchise, the series may return to 20 Million or higher. It'll be interesting to watch. Gen 8 will probably be revealed between February-April.
Pokémon Let's Go May underperform and sell similar to say Ultra Sun and Moon(8 Million soon to be 9 Million), but it's still going to be a huge money maker for them(60 dollars now).

switch exclusive software is doing really good so far, so i think the mainline pokemon has a strong chance of doing better than 8-9 million. pokemon lets go is a spinoff but you never know, it might explore or people might not care.

Cute Pikachu

Super Mario Party looks like it'll continue the trend of strong performing exclusives.

Now y'all may be wondering why I care about this so much. I got stock in Nintendo lol

darkknightkryta

Super Mario Party looks like it'll continue the trend of strong performing exclusives.

Now y'all may be wondering why I care about this so much. I got stock in Nintendo lol
You should have sold in the summer.  Then buy again 2 months before Smash.

Xevross

Yeah I'm really pumped for gen 8. I hope its not dumbed down like Lets Go in any way but I have faith it won't. Yeah I agree with you on sales. Switch install base will be much higher for gen 8 as well, with lets go also ensuring most pokemon fans already have the system.

I am also getting it because its a proper pokemon game I can play on my tv. 'nuff said.

Cute Pikachu

You should have sold in the summer.  Then buy again 2 months before Smash.
I'm selling in December when that Smash Bros sales pr comes out.

Xevross

UK week 3 update:

[Week 36, 2018] MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) ~ 190,000 / NEW
[Week 37, 2018] MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) ~ 110,000 / 300,000 (-42%)
[Week 38, 2018] MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) ~ 47,000 / 347,000 (-57%)

[Week 16, 2018] GOD OF WAR (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 96,000 / NEW
[Week 17, 2018] GOD OF WAR (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 62,000 / 158,000 (-35%)
[Week 18, 2018] GOD OF WAR (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) ~ 27,000 / 185,000 (-56%)
[Week 19, 2018] GOD OF WAR (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 19,000 / 204,000 (-30%)

[Week 19, 2016] UNCHARTED 4: A THIEF'S END (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 192,000 / NEW
[Week 20, 2016] UNCHARTED 4: A THIEF'S END (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 42,000 / 234,000 (-78%)
[Week 21, 2016] UNCHARTED 4: A THIEF'S END (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) ~ 26,500 / 260,500 (-37%)
[Week 22, 2016] UNCHARTED 4: A THIEF'S END (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) ~ 19,000 / 279,500 (-27%)

Tomb Raider had a decent -52% hold for its second week, so at least legs should be okay.

Dr. Pezus

Great third week for spidey. How much total have uncharted and GoW sold there?

Go Up