Working on new front end to the website: now live

Started by Legend, Mar 12, 2018, 02:11 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Hello confused people!

It's been literally years, but I'm finally updating the front pages. Shortly I'll share a link so that we can preview them before they go live, but for the moment feel free to just ignore them.

Also these new pages will not have comments like the old ones did. Instead I need to make a new general discussion thread for Cube Royale and Adventure.

the-pi-guy

Legend

YOU MUST BE LOGGED IN TO SEE THIS CONTENT

Feel free to take a look. Currently it's somewhat of a downgrade as far as content goes, but that's mostly because the old information isn't accurate anymore. I'll continue to update and improve the content over the next few days but I'm not revealing anything new about Cube Royale or Adventure just yet.

Also please don't post links to these pages. I don't want google to start indexing them yet.

SWORDF1SH

Mar 12, 2018, 12:39 PM Last Edit: Mar 12, 2018, 06:04 PM by SWORDF1SH
I like. Looks boring in mobile mode though.

Legend

Legend

@nnodley @the-Pi-guy

Checking out the current front page a lot or is it a glitch?

the-pi-guy

@nnodley @the-Pi-guy

Checking out the current front page a lot or is it a glitch?
What's "a lot"?

If it's more than like 5, it's probably a glitch.  

I've been periodically checking it, but I don't think I've checked it out "a lot".

nnodley

What's "a lot"?

If it's more than like 5, it's probably a glitch.  

I've been periodically checking it, but I don't think I've checked it out "a lot".
Yeah same.

Legend

Good enough. I edited the code so that it differentiated views as a thread vs views as a frontend page and was just suprised by the ratio.

Legend

Changes are now live for the public.

This is now the 4th version of the site. First was just a simple default design. Second was one I made myself that matched the game's theme. Third integrated the front pages with the forum and improved their look a bit.

This 4th design turns it into a studio website that can work for multiple games at the same time. I expanded VizionEck into two games so that was important.

(I was having fun with the wayback machine. I forgot about the second design)

SWORDF1SH

Legend

I'm still tinkering with mobile.

The background staying in the same place looks great but it's costly and has issues on some devices, so I need a fallback. Not sure what to go with though. Just repeating the background image looks bad and just scaling it up looks bad.

Legend

Guess that'll be good for now. Has a slight background change on mobile if a bottom menu pops up, but I don't think it's possible to fix that without brute forcing it with a script.

VizionEck

VizionEck Cube Royale

VizionEck Adventure

VizionEck Company

Wonder how long it'll take to see the changes on google. Hopefully it structures it nicely.

SWORDF1SH

It's looking nice. Definitely a good idea to introduce that blue into the logo and background.