Why do you want xbox+ps4+pc+mobile crossplay?

Started by Legend, Mar 09, 2018, 05:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

They only care about money though, even though on the outside it may seem different
I was talking about money. It's a smart business move for them to publicly push for crossplay.

Dr. Pezus

I was talking about money. It's a smart business move for them to publicly push for crossplay.
But then I am disagreeing with you lol.

I don't think it matters much at all

Legend

But then I am disagreeing with you lol.

I don't think it matters much at all
I'll start from the beginning since both of us seem to be missing the other's point.

I personally don't care about crossplay. Depending on the implementation, I could either like or dislike that a game uses it. On top of that, I don't see the general benefit for people demanding crossplay for certain titles.

Regardless of that, I think it's smart for Microsoft to publicly support crossplay. If implemented it has a positive impact on them since more games are being played in their ecosystem. It's also good PR since they can spin it as a victory against Sony and have fans like them for it, even though both companies have similar amounts of crossplay implemented in games. It's pretty minor and is less beneficial than other things Microsoft does/is working on for Xbox, but it's also relatively cheap to support. It's good bang for their buck even though the overall bang is pretty small.

Go Up