Science General Discussion

Started by Legend, Sep 02, 2014, 07:17 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

We just need to get a really big bathtub and put Saturn in it.  

It's the only way.  

DD_Bwest

spacex reports static fire complete, launch window is 2 hours starting 1:21am  est on may 5th

Legend

spacex reports static fire complete, launch window is 2 hours starting 1:21am  est on may 5th
This wednesday night is freaking packed. Persona 5 event, rocket launch, and Uncharted reviews.

DD_Bwest

This wednesday night is freaking packed. Persona 5 event, rocket launch, and Uncharted reviews.
this whole week is exciting

darkknightkryta

Legend

Legend

The word on the street is that SpaceX will attempt fairing recovery with tomorrow's launch.

DD_Bwest

The word on the street is that SpaceX will attempt fairing recovery with tomorrow's launch.
arent they doing mid air helicopter grab?   if only there was a way for them to have a camera for that lol

Legend

Scrubbed 24 hours.

the-pi-guy

NASA had a gigantic budget during the 60's.  :o
$30-40 billion a year (in 2014 dollars).  
It's getting less than 20 billion right now.

The crazier part of it though, is that at the time NASA was about 3-4% of the federal budget.  (4.5% at peak.)
If NASA was getting 4.5% of the budget today, they would be getting $180 billion.

Legend

Let's go!

Who else is staying up to watch?

DD_Bwest

10 21 my time, im always up  that time already lol  ill definitly be watching,  even tho low chance of recovery.

any word if they will attempt fairing recovery?

Legend

10 21 my time, im always up  that time already lol  ill definitly be watching,  even tho low chance of recovery.

any word if they will attempt fairing recovery?
No clue on fairings.

Have heard that Elon expects a successful landing though. It's still a three engine burn, but I guess the lighter payload and data from past landings helps a lot.

DD_Bwest

No clue on fairings.

Have heard that Elon expects a successful landing though. It's still a three engine burn, but I guess the lighter payload and data from past landings helps a lot.
oo thats good to hear, i heard it had a similar trajectory to ses-9, so i was assuming an rough landing.

Legend

oo thats good to hear, i heard it had a similar trajectory to ses-9, so i was assuming an rough landing.
Yeah similar trajectory but ses-9 ran out of fuel on the way down supposedly.

This one will have enough fuel to perform the 3 engine hoverslam.

And 50 minutes till webcast!

Go Up