Battleborn Review Thread: 70 OC (61 Reviews) 68 MC (54 Reviews)

Started by ethomaz, May 02, 2016, 05:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

ethomaz

Gamespot

It's a little underwhelming, but that's exactly why I still need to dig into the competitive multiplayer before I can offer a firm verdict. With more characters to try, more customization options to unlock, and many hours of multiplayer left to play, Battleborn's true potential could still lie ahead.
IGN (They gave it a ballpark score of 7.3 which ISN'T FINAL I guess)

I've enjoyed most of Battleborn's campaign during my initial playthrough, though it's mostly due to the handiwork of the insane playable characters than the drab enemies and stages. The unlocks both near (in-match leveling) and far (unlocking new characters) have kept me anticipating each new campaign level attempt, though I wish said campaign were just a bit more exciting and varied. Hopefully some time with competitive multiplayer will make my upgrades and unlocks come even faster.
Game Revolution has a score though. 4.5/5

Gearbox Software's experience with Borderlands clearly shows throughout Battleborn, blending a silly episodic story and a cast of charismatic characters with the competitive, on-trend MOBA genre. While its single-player and multiplayer offerings are limited at the moment, they're strong enough on their own to sustain a community, so long as Gearbox continues to update the game frequently. Battleborn could have easily been a soulless copycat of Borderlands or just another MOBA, but this is one fusion game that has its own identity and lays the solid groundwork for much more to come.

the-pi-guy

?? is even higher than I expected.  :o

ethomaz

Dr. Pezus

Meta is going to end up in the low 70's imo

Ludicrous Speed

Adorable seeing GAF hate the game so much just because of Randy.

ethomaz

DerNebel

Nobody's reviewing it and nobody gives a shame, this game has to be the biggest flop ever.

ethomaz

New reviews poping are good.

Most 9/10.

the-pi-guy

There are 2 reviews on those sites, at a 9/10.  :o

ethomaz

GamingTrend
May 3, 2016

Battleborn merges cooperative and competitive, hero and shooter, loot and shoot into an excellent melting pot and symbol of the times. Charismatic characters, clever intricacies, and compelling gameplay make this one of the best multiplayer experiences of the generation yet.
Read full review

Legend

Nobody's reviewing it and nobody gives a shame, this game has to be the biggest flop ever.
People are all thinking about overwatch instead

ethomaz

Cheat Code Central
May 4, 2016

Battleborn is definitely a title I can get behind with its unique first person shooter approach, awesome cast of characters, gobs of weapons and power ups, and a hilarious framework to tie it all together. The game will take some getting used to and will force a few seasoned vets to step outside their comfort zone to enjoy the genus wonders that lie within. The hefty price tag may come with some initial sticker shock, especially after first firing it up, but those feeling will soon fade as you dedicate some time to Gearbox's latest work by mowing down hordes of enemies and laughing hysterically in the process.
Read full review

Cute Pikachu

Wait, this is getting less reviews than a wii u indie game, wow.
I feel bad for its lack of publicity.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new