Will Pi's Oculus Rift ship today? It's already there!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Apr 11, 2016, 04:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

I can only Handel avout 4 rounds of eve. There's way too much turning going on. I don't care how how well you handle vr. If you soon in circles long enough it will hey to you.
Do you mean soinning on a swivel chair, or virtually spinning?

Mmm_fish_tacos

Mmm_fish_tacos

Pi, Do you really want this thread? Should I post my impression somewhere else?

Until he answers.

I tried out Showdown this morning which is a slow motion scene from unreal. And got me excited for the future of shooter. It only lasted a few minutes but I wanted more. I wanted to take control.

Then I turned on VR desktop and played around of war thunder. The game isn't working natively with CV1 yet. But it was like playing on my projector when I had one. It was a lot of fun, the quality reminded me of my projector too. Not too bad, the loss in IQ is more than worth it to play like that. Got 7 kills using a mouse and half the xbox controller! I honestly thought the movie screen mode would be shame, but it's not that bad.

the-pi-guy

Mmm_fish_tacos

It will be nice when you get your, that way I have some to talk about it with.

the-pi-guy

It will be nice when you get your, that way I have some to talk about it with.
Yeah.  :P

Mmm_fish_tacos

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

I'm going to try grabbing one from Amazon on friday.  

Mmm_fish_tacos

the-pi-guy

How?
Oculus launch gets stranger as hardware hits Best Buy and others before pre-orders fulfilled | Polygon
"A small number of Rifts will be available for purchase at select Best Buy stores starting May 7 and online from Microsoft and Amazon, starting May 6 at 9 a.m. PST," Oculus' blog post states. "Quantities will be extremely limited while we catch up on Rift pre-orders."

Mmm_fish_tacos

Hey at least you'll get to experience a nice set of headphones. They are really good. Maybe not as good as my normal set but I don't feel the need to take off the ones that come stock with the headset and use my own. So they are pretty close.

the-pi-guy

Think I'll try buying from Microsoft.  Think Amazon will get hit hard.  

the-pi-guy

Mmm_fish_tacos

Think I'll try buying from Microsoft.  Think Amazon will get hit hard.  
Keep an eye on gaf. They'll some one will post a back door link to get you order. That's how I got the psvr headsets.

Go Up