New Tesla Model S Now the Quickest Production Car in the World

Started by the-pi-guy, Aug 24, 2016, 05:31 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

New Tesla Model S Now the Quickest Production Car in the World - NeoGAF

https://www.tesla.com/blog/new-tesla...tion-car-world/
The Model S P100D with Ludicrous mode is the third fastest accelerating production car ever produced, with a 0-60 mph time of 2.5* seconds.  However, both the LaFerrari and the Porsche 918 Spyder were limited run, million dollar vehicles and cannot be bought new. While those cars are small two seaters with very little luggage space, the pure electric, all-wheel drive Model S P100D has four doors, seats up to 5 adults plus 2 children and has exceptional cargo capacity.

The 100 kWh battery also increases range substantially to an estimated 315 miles on the EPA cycle and 613 km on the EU cycle, making it the first to go beyond 300 miles and the longest range production electric vehicle by far.

While the P100D Ludicrous is obviously an expensive vehicle, we want to emphasize that every sale helps pay for the smaller and much more affordable Tesla Model 3 that is in development. Without customers willing to buy the expensive Model S and X, we would be unable to fund the smaller, more affordable Model 3 development.

Wow

Dr. Pezus

I will buy a tesla in the next few years I hope

Aura7541

Awesome. Tesla has come a long way. Hopefully, its advancements push other companies into promoting and improving hybrid/electric vehicles.

the-pi-guy

I will buy a tesla in the next few years I hope
Same.  I fricking love this.  :o
Hope to see lots of awesome electric cars like this.  

Legend

Elon Musk probably had this conversation with his engineers:

Xevross

Wow that car is awesome. Electric cars are going to be the standard soon, hopefully. The environment isn't completely iced yet!

Dr. Pezus

Wow that car is awesome. Electric cars are going to be the standard soon, hopefully. The environment isn't completely iced yet!
Well with you farting so much nature might have a different opinion

Mmm_fish_tacos

Electric cars don't actually save that much of a carbon footprint yet. So technically they are still bad. Plus all those batteries....We need more solar and wind power.

Legend

Electric cars don't actually save that much of a carbon footprint yet. So technically they are still bad. Plus all those batteries....We need more solar and wind power.
Saving the environment is hard.

We should just bike everywhere!

the-pi-guy

Brings us one big step closer to fixing the issue though.  

Aura7541

Reducing the carbon footprint is half the battle. The other half is reducing the amount of atmospheric carbon dioxide.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Reducing the carbon footprint is half the battle. The other half is reducing the amount of atmospheric carbon dioxide.
But if you're still using coal and fossil fuels to power them you really haven't done much. Granted some of these cars will get their power from clean energy and that's better than 100 percent from fossil fuels like now.