Fish tacos thread of making!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Nov 12, 2015, 04:03 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

You should make my case!  ;)

Mmm_fish_tacos

That was pla, let me try some abs tomorrow. Which im sure youll want to make the case out of. As pla would melt if you left it in a a car on a hot summer day. And i hear abs is a lot harder to print.

darkknightkryta

How big can you make?

Mmm_fish_tacos

Aug 22, 2016, 03:25 PM Last Edit: Aug 22, 2016, 04:22 PM by Mmm_fish_tacos
I have 8×8×7 inch build area.

I think im about to buy some wood filament.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Well after 3 failed prints with ABS I think I finally got one that's going to work. It seems a raft is superior to a brim for my printer. The only problem with a raft is you won't get that nice shiny side. And I'll have to move it to the garage for ABS printing. It smells.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Here is the successful ABS prints I did yesterday. Each on got better. I'm have a little bit of ghosting problems but I'm in the process of printing out the stiffener mod for my printer which should help with that. If not i'll have to slow the printer down some more.

Mmm_fish_tacos

These are todays prints. And it rained today, It seems even though the ABS was in a totally safe are it still picked up some moisture. Towards the end of the print the plastic started popping and you can see it in the print. But it's still nice and strong. I hope I dont have to dry out my abs. 2 hours in the oven on the lowest setting with the door cracked open. I really don't want to do that. I'd be tempted just to buy another roll. Or move over to some black PLA to finsh off the print which doesn't suffer from the same flaws as ABS. But ABS is a much stronger plastic.. Anyway, Here's the prints.

darkknightkryta

Mmm_fish_tacos

Well Here's my first project complete. I'm not really sure it helped at all. But people seem to swear buy it. 2 days of printing and 10 bucks in hardware isn't too bad i Guess.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Had my first print fail aftet 4 hours. Thanks Oklahoma Electric cant even keep thr electric on in the tiny thunderstorm.

nnodley

Yeah ABS plastics tend to take a while to get a perfect balance of what is needed to get perfect prints.  I mainly just use PLA as mines just a mini printer, but they have ABS plastic that is supposedly not supposed to smell. But it only works for their printers.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Yeah ABS plastics tend to take a while to get a perfect balance of what is needed to get perfect prints.  I mainly just use PLA as mines just a mini printer, but they have ABS plastic that is supposedly not supposed to smell. But it only works for their printers.
Im having decent results. But im about over abs. I have to watch the first layer and make sure everything goes right. I have some wood pla now that i really want to try.

nnodley

Im having decent results. But im about over abs. I have to watch the first layer and make sure everything goes right. I have some wood pla now that i really want to try.
I've never tried ABS, but my professor always said it's usually not worth it unless you really want to take the time to get it right.  I've been using flexible PLA plastic which is really cool cause you can alter the flexibility by changing the infill of the print.

the-pi-guy

How well do you think amazon shipping glass would work?

Mmm_fish_tacos

How well do you think amazon shipping glass would work?
Ot should be okay

Go Up