The VR thread. U R Not red(e) PSVR2 is legitimate!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Sep 05, 2015, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend and 32 Guests are viewing this topic.

How sick of Pi's VR hype are you?

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

DerNebel

So I just googled Vizioneck and was greeted by this, did I miss something?

It says "Sony Playstation VR Tour - Experience Vizioneck on PSVR" in case one of you guys for some reason doesn't understand german ::)

Legend

So I just googled Vizioneck and was greeted by this, did I miss something?

It says "Sony Playstation VR Tour - Experience Vizioneck on PSVR" in case one of you guys for some reason doesn't understand german ::)
Well that's something.

Guess I'm going to Germany (I think that's some automated thing. Couldn't find it when I googled)

the-pi-guy

kitler53

Amazon to Launch VR Stores on PlayStation VR, Oculus Rift and HTC Vive | VRFocus
that could be cool for some products. 

however,... the reality i'll wager is this is limited to only a handful of products meaning that while the idea is cool the execution will be limited enough to not be worth it.

i think clothes is the one product (i buy) that shopping in VR could be useful and i don't buy clothes from amazon.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

SWORDF1SH

For fudge sake, after being confused what the 'e' meant in thread title since I've been here, the penny just dropped.

I made a thread about this but here's a pack shot of Move, now aimed at PSVR buyers.

Legend

(ShackNews) HTC Vive wireless VR prototype in the works to be shown this fall - NeoGAF

Well this is interesting.
Virtual Reality is the next frontier for gaming and we are already seeing some pretty cool games with the technology. At least for now, though, the larger headsets and wires are a minor stumbling block to a feeling of full VR freedom. However, a joint venture between Valve and Quark VR appears to be solving part of that problem now.

"Getting the experience to feel seamless through Wi-Fi, keeping in mind the inevitable connection delay, was a huge challenge, but we’re getting extremely close to being able to show it in action," said Georgi Georgiev, a Quark VR co-founder.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/965...hown-this-fall

Oh please be true!

In my Vive demo I stepped on the HDMI cord and caused the computer to need a reboot.

the-pi-guy

So many exciting advances coming up.
-wireless
-higher resolution/higher fov
-smaller sizes
-higher frame rate

-lots of software improvements

SWORDF1SH

Legend

So many exciting advances coming up.
-wireless
-higher resolution/higher fov
-smaller sizes
-higher frame rate

-lots of software improvements
-inside out tracking

It's farther off but we need VR that just simply works regardless of your environment.

You could buy the Samsung VR **sniggers**
I have GearVR and it's great!

But it lacks positional tracking which is a major problem.

Kerotan

Can someone explain the thread title. I don't get it lol.

Also what do you think are the prospects of VR dropping in price over the next 2 years.  I'm buying the neo so not sure I want to get it now at the current price.  Plus if I wait for a price cut I at least get to see if psvr takes off rather than fizzles out.  

I'd rather buy PSVR for $200. Think that's possible in 1/2 years?  

the-pi-guy

Can someone explain the thread title. I don't get it lol.

Also what do you think are the prospects of VR dropping in price over the next 2 years.  I'm buying the neo so not sure I want to get it now at the current price.  Plus if I wait for a price cut I at least get to see if psvr takes off rather than fizzles out.  

I'd rather buy PSVR for $200. Think that's possible in 1/2 years?  

"You are not ready".
I find that unlikely.  

Kerotan

"You are not ready".
I find that unlikely.  
Haha so true but I've got such a backlog to get through I really don't mind waiting a bit.  Although my girlfriend and sister really want me to get the VR.

Go Up