NX Thread!!! Now you Playing with Power ????

Started by Cute Pikachu, Jul 28, 2015, 04:48 PM

previous topic - next topic

Will NX have Wii U Backwards Compatibility?

Yes
0 (0%)
Partial
1 (25%)
No
3 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Go Down

Legend

I think it's worse :P.
WiiWii U
Smash
Kart
Zelda TP
Zelda SS
MarioG1
MmarioG2
Smash
Kart
Zelda new thing
Pikmin 3
Splatoon
Mario World

the-pi-guy

WiiWii U
Smash
Kart
Zelda TP
Zelda SS
MarioG1
MarioG2
Smash
Kart
Zelda new thing
Pikmin 3
Splatoon
Mario World

Much worse.   :o

Legend

Much worse.   :o
The lack of waggle makes both a million times better.

I've yet to finish Galaxy 1 because of waggle.

the-pi-guy

I happen to like waggle.  
:P
Well no, but I don't mind it.  

darkknightkryta

I like the waggle.  I think Sony and Nintendo should make them standard (I'm actually being serious).  On another note, having the same library from last gen isn't a good thing :/

Xevross

I think Wii was worth it for the amount t of fun I had with family and friends playing games like Mk Wii, Wii fit, Wii sports, Mario party 8, smash bros brawl, Mario strikers charged football,Mario and sonic at the Olympic games. That is a really long list of great party games, I have loads of memories there. Super Mario galaxy 1 and 2 were also excellent games to play on my own. I think the Wii was and still is an amazing console for my age group especially. And that's the main problem I see.

The Wii is still good enough for party games to play as a group no need to buy a Wii U at all unless you're a hardcore Nintendo gamer. Which is the point of view of a lot of people I know.

Cute Pikachu

Square Enix consdering bringing Final Fantasy XIV to the NX | IGN Boards

Last I check Nintendo is open to cross platform playing so I think it will come.
Wonder if this means NX is a home console or a strong handheld.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

darkknightkryta

Last I check Nintendo is open to cross platform playing so I think it will come.
I say it's a weak console that you can carry around with you :P

Aura7541

Best clues we have are those by Matt.

Legend

Could the NX be switching to carts instead of discs? Make it use the same medium as their mobile device.

darkknightkryta

Legend

Depends how much a 24 gig sd card costs.  
They're not as cheap as stamping discs, but they're close enough if Nintendo wants to make the change.

darkknightkryta

They're not as cheap as stamping discs, but they're close enough if Nintendo wants to make the change.
Yeah, if that's the case, then it may work.  It'll also get rid of the need for a large HD.  

the-pi-guy

Could the NX be switching to carts instead of discs? Make it use the same medium as their mobile device.
Nintendo apparently patented this very thing with a gamepad like device.  

This is something that I've been thinking about for the past couple years.  

Cartridge based media has come really far ever since it was surpassed by optical based media.  
PS1 - 700 MB CD
N64 - 32 MB? cartridge that was only slightly smaller than my hand.

Now
Some optical media can have lots of layers, and a a 1 TB blu ray disk exists, but don't think any of those are in consumer hands.  
But let's say
PS4 - 50 GB blu ray
SD card - tiny cartridge only slightly larger than my thumb nail that fits 8,16,32 gb easily.  With some even going up as high as 512 GB.  The SDXC specification covers all the way up to 2TB.  
Even though anything above 64GB is likely to be stupid expensive for any one, the option exists, and will hopefully get cheaper in the next few years.  

Legend

Nintendo apparently patented this very thing with a gamepad like device.  

This is something that I've been thinking about for the past couple years.  

Cartridge based media has come really far ever since it was surpassed by optical based media.  
PS1 - 700 MB CD
N64 - 32 MB? cartridge that was only slightly smaller than my hand.

Now
Some optical media can have lots of layers, and a a 1 TB blu ray disk exists, but don't think any of those are in consumer hands.  
But let's say
PS4 - 50 GB blu ray
SD card - tiny cartridge only slightly larger than my thumb nail that fits 8,16,32 gb easily.  With some even going up as high as 512 GB.  The SDXC specification covers all the way up to 2TB.  
Even though anything above 64GB is likely to be stupid expensive for any one, the option exists, and will hopefully get cheaper in the next few years.  
Haha yeah I was reading the patent.

Plus carts are still in use by 3DS and Vita. The industry already is set up for them. It's not like some fancy next gen tech that would take billions to switch to.

Go Up