NX Thread!!! Now you Playing with Power ????

Started by Cute Pikachu, Jul 28, 2015, 04:48 PM

previous topic - next topic

Will NX have Wii U Backwards Compatibility?

Yes
0 (0%)
Partial
1 (25%)
No
3 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Go Down

kitler53

did someone edit the thread title or has it always been grammatically incorrect and i just noticed?

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Cute Pikachu

Being the major hardcore Nintendo fan here, what are your thoughts on this?
Its alright I guess
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Legend

did someone edit the thread title or has it always been grammatically incorrect and i just noticed?
You and me both. It's always been like this.

darkknightkryta

You and me both. It's always been like this.
I think you should program the machine to be a grammar police.  

Legend

the-pi-guy

Aug 14, 2016, 11:10 PM Last Edit: Aug 14, 2016, 11:17 PM by the-pi-guy
I never even thought of that, but that's really cool. :o

Although it would be poorly executed for mobile. Especially if it meant not being able to play a game without bringing certain controllers. Doable if there is only a small tiny number of games that use it (which would be realistic I think).

Mmm_fish_tacos

darkknightkryta

This is looking more expensive with each spoiler.

Legend

Emily Rogers: NX prototype had a 6.2" 720p multi-touch touchscreen, dock USB ports - NeoGAF

Quick reminder in terms of resolution: A phone is not a video game console.Disclaimer:‏@ArcadeGirl64 1h1 hour ago "These are all rumors for now. Not facts. Just things that I've been hearing down the grapevine. Could be right, could be wrong. *shrugs*"Spinoff from the NX motion/force feedback thread: Her tweets are protected otherwise I would have directly linked them:Emily Rogers ‏@ArcadeGirl64 5 min 1) This article about NX's detachable controllers supporting force feedback and motion controls has truth.Emily Rogers ‏@ArcadeGirl64 3 min 2) NX prototype had a 6.2 inch 720p multi-touch touchscreen. Unknown if final product's screen size will be larger / smaller than prototype.Emily Rogers ‏@ArcadeGirl64 3 min 3) Prototype for dock station has USB ports. I heard 2 usb ports, but I don't know if this number will change in the final product. Keyword here is "had" so the final product could obviously be different. If she's no longer a reliable source, please close the thread.

kitler53

oh god,.. i can absolutly beleive this but it would suck such donkey balls.  i'm soooooo tired of nintendos abundance of useless perhipreials. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Report: NX to Feature PS4 -style Split D-Pad and Share Button - NeoGAF

Update/Edit 3: NX prototype apparently has 32 GB of internal storage. Remember: This is only the prototype and does not have to reflect the final product./ Original topic:http://letsplayvideogames.com/2016/0...-share-button/
/ Following our report last week regarding the Nintendo NX featuring advanced vibration technology and motion sensing in it's new Wii Remote replacement controllers, Let's Play Video Games has learned some additional information regarding the current version of the NX development hardware. According to anonymous sources that have contacted Let's Play Video Games following the previous report, we have learned that not only does the current NX development hardware feature a split D-Pad, unlike the solid pads Nintendo typically uses, but that the system also features a share button similar to that on the PS4. The share button, denoted by a small icon of a camera, will apparently allow the upload of still images and video directly to Miiverse, Twitter, Facebook or YouTube. It will also be possible to save images or video to external memory devices for easier transfer to PC. While the reasoning behind switching to a split D-Pad is currently unclear, the above header image was drawn by a source familiar with the current NX development kit and matches a description of the dev kit layout given by a second source who has provided reliable leaks regarding Nintendo products in the past. So, are you hopeful for the chance to upload gameplay footage from NX to YouTube, or are you fearful of all the footage you upload being Content ID matched or taken straight back down by Nintendo's legal teams?

What Emily Rogers says about this:/ Edit: Clarification by Emily:/ So she only seems to be sure about the social button. Before people go crazy over it: The split d-pad may only be in the prototype, but not the final product. Even if it's in the final NX, use it first before you claim it to be bad. Edit 2: Nintendo Life heard similar things.
We've followed up with some sources of our own regarding this topic and, though they did not reiterate details around streaming and uploading content, did suggest that this Share / Social button is indeed a feature, also supporting claims around its placement at the opposite side of the HOME button. We've also heard that there are multiple sources around the split D-Pad on development units.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...l_share_button Feel free to close the topic if unwanted.

Mmm_fish_tacos

But I thought nintendo didn't copy!  ::)

the-pi-guy

Sep 20, 2016, 08:22 PM Last Edit: Sep 20, 2016, 09:01 PM by the-pi-guy
gamrConnect Forums - The Pokemon Company CEO basically confirmed that NX is hybrid

Pokemon CEO Tsunekazu Ishihara has been quoted as saying that the company will create games for Nintendo's next platform, the NX.
The NX is trying to change the concept of what it means to be a home console device or a hand-held device[/b]," he said. "We will make games for the NX."

http://nintendoeverything.com/the-pokemon-company-ceo-we-will-make-games-for-the-nx/

Legend

the-pi-guy

NX Subreddit mods "verifying" the the source of NX *RUMORS.* - NeoGAF

Sorry for the odd title, but wanted to make it clear that these are still *rumors," - only difference is that the source of these rumors have been "verified" to be - at least to them - legitimate.
 LINK: https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoNX/...etail_partner/
Originally Posted by Reddit

So as some of you know, we have this little blurb in the sidebar.
 If you have sensitive or privileged information you would like to provide to the community, send it to the mod team. We will review it and if we feel there is sufficient proof to validate the information, we will post it on your behalf to protect your identity.Well, for the first time in a very long time, someone has meet our requirements and provided what we feel to be sufficient proof.
 We have done our best to confirm this individual's identity and we feel pretty confident about it. However, someone who is determined enough can fake dang near anything as evidenced by that 3D printed controller hoax from a while back. As always, make sure to take everything we're about to post with a grain of salt.
 Verification

We have verified that our source works for a very large retailer. We have verified that this source is in a position to have access to this sort of information. Exact details of what was provided will not be released. We take protecting the identity of our sources very seriously. Our source has added the disclaimer that this is all initial information and subject to change as time goes on.
 Note: As part of our responsible leaking policies, we will be re-writing the information we have been provided in our own words in the off chance that the specific verbiage used could help track down our sources identity. I have asked our source to monitor this post to make sure that the content we have re-written on their behalf is still accurate. There may be small edits or corrections as a result.
 Marketing

Rumors:
 Marketing
 "Interact with your game on the go." phrase seen on a poster.
 Strong co-branding effort with a Mario launch title on many posters.
 Console is currently set to launch with least 4 titles on deck.
 Stores should be receiving demo units around February.
 Base price point seems to be sitting at $299.99
 Bundle
 The NX is currently set to have a bundle option.
 The contents of this bundle is currently unknown.
 Bundle price is currently sitting at $399.99
 Packaging
 The packaging for the NX will be slightly larger than the Wii U's packaging.
 The packaging is relatively clean and simple and is similar to the Wii U in terms of package design.
 The color scheme for the packaging is white and blue (compared to the Wii U's blue and black).
 The packaging still says "NX" however there is still no indication if this is a placeholder or the final name.
 The areas of the packaging that would usually depict the hardware were blurred and redacted by Nintendo in attempt to keep it hidden.
 Features and Specs
 4k streaming has been mentioned. - What this likely means is playback of content such as Netflix, etc. Not gameplay.
 1080p and 60fps are being used by the marketing teams in relation to gameplay on to the console portion. I've heard unconfirmed rumblings of 900p for the infamous hybrid part of the device.
 Sorry if this is posted or isn't allowed - I know they're only rumors. But I did a search and checked the last three pages of posts and don't see anything. I feel like I can't possibly be the first person to see this, so I'm hesitant to click "new thread."

Also, someone's prediction doesn't look like it'll hold.  

::)
Prediction: Nintendo NX will be a powerhouse

Go Up