Sony E3 plans leaked(rumor)

Started by DD_Bwest, May 07, 2014, 05:42 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Raven

fake fake fake fake!! fake fake fake fake!! its fake!! its fake!!!

( atleast, thats what i think)

It wouldn't surprise me if it was accurate. There isn't much on that list that would be terribly shocking. Just exciting. Uncharted 4, MM's new IP, The Order being shown off, GG's new IP, Project Beast officially revealed... these are all things we already expected. Nothing else on that list stands out as unbelievable to the point where I absolutely could not see it happening. The only thing about that list that made me pause was The Last of Us 2. I just don't see that being announced so soon even if it is real. Though now that I think about it, it would be a year since The Last of Us and Naughty Dog has been known to press out sequels in two years. Three and a half seems to be their max. So, maybe it's not so hard to see.

i doubt this is true. There's like...a 0.1% chance of all this happening at E3. Literally the entire show would be games, and you know how these companies always waste time with random motion control games or talking about things not gaming related.

Not necessarily true. Remember Sony's E3 last year? Within 15 minutes of Shuhei taking the stage we were shown The Order, a lengthy tech demo from Quantic Dream, and new footage for Killzone, Infamous, Driveclub, and Knack. Then Adam Boyes came out and spent the next 15 minutes talking about and showing Transistor, Don't Starve, Mercenary Kings, Octodad, Secret Ponchos, Ray's the Dead, Outlast, Oddworld: New and Tasty, Galak-Z, Diablo 3, Final Fantasy 15, and Kingdom Hearts 3. He finished off his first run by announcing Final Fantasy 14 coming to PS4.  Then we were shown demonstrations of Assassin's Creed 4 and Watch Dogs which were 15 minutes combined. Boyes came back out and we were shown NBA 2K14, The Elder Scrolls Online, and Mad Max over the next 5 minutes. The we got a 12 minute demonstration of Destiny.

So basically, over the course of about an hour Sony had 25 games to talk about for PS4. Out of those, one was simply mentioned, one was talked about but with no footage, eight were indie games that were briefly shown, three had lengthy on-stage demonstrations, and the remaining 12 were given trailers of various lengths. They packed a lot in there. This is considering that they also had to spend a fair amount of time talking about their other platforms as well as selling us on the PS4's price, policies, and some features. Showing off a little over 20 games in what will likely be a larger amount of time to do it in compared to last year shouldn't be a problem.

7H3

They could just troll ms again
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Raven

7H3

hmm so what parts do you think will be removed?

Raven

hmm so what parts do you think will be removed?

Uncharted 4, Project Beast, MM's new IP, GG's new IP, Driveclub being shown, and The Order being shown are pretty much givens at this point. Maybe one of them might not show.

Gran Turismo 6 being ported, God of War 4 being teased, Ninja Theory announcing a PS4 exclusive, Quantic Dream showing off their next game, London Studio announcing their big title, Sucker Punch being given stage time to talk about DLC, and The Last of Us 2 being teased at the end... just sounds like it won't happen. One or two might happen at Gamescom if at all this year. Everything else seems very possible. Bordering on likely.

Quantic Dream and Ready at Dawn being acquired? Very possible. There would be a lot of hurdles but considering the relationships Sony has built and looking like it may dominate once more, I don't think it would take a terrible amount of convincing. Quantic Dream would be easier for Sony. David Cage has already expressed an interest for being bought in the past. Ready at Dawn would be more difficult.

7H3

I'd say the guardian is dead...
much like tekken x street fighter

DD_Bwest

there is now a MS e3 leaked lol

7H3

how real/fake/hilarious does it look?

DD_Bwest

how real/fake/hilarious does it look?

it would be a wet dream of games, but pretty out there lol  rise 2 and the division being lead xbox plat lol  halo 5 release date,  forza 5,   a multitude of new games including a new IP from epic thats MS eclusive.   games with gold gonna have 1 retail and 1 digital game a month,

7H3

hmm doubt ubisoft will do that unless they need teh clouds... especially after console numbers and SW for Watchdogs by platform

DD_Bwest

yup exactly lol  plus i have my doubts the xbox will even be able to run it ;)

Raven

Ryse 2 being shown off really makes me question the legitimacy of the leak right off the bat. The first one just launched and they're already going to show off in-game action of the sequel?

An exclusive title from Epic Games is something else I seriously doubt. Sounds to me like someone is playing off the current unknowns surrounding Epic's next project and the fact that the Gears of War franchise, which was Microsoft exclusive, is the last one they did.

Also, Quantum Break releasing this year is said by several insiders, including the one who leaked a ton of Xbox One information that many Xbox fans treat as gospel, to not be happening. To be honest, considering Remedy's history of taking forever with new IPs and the fact that it's being released alongside a TV show (which makes no sense to me for a single player game) I doubt it's going to happen. Saying that the visuals look considerably better sounds a lot like someone's wishful thinking. Weren't the visuals of the game already amazing as they were? What work needed to be done compared to what we already saw?

Pretty convenient this "leak" happens within a day of the supposed Sony E3 leak. Also... no price drop? Pretty much game over if true.

7H3

yup exactly lol  plus i have my doubts the xbox will even be able to run it ;)

Well that game is supposed to have exclusive content on xone so maybe...

Legend

Ryse DLC seems possible.

Ryse 2?

lol

Riderz1337

Division is now Xbox lead platform?
Ryse 2?
Saying Epic will unveil a new Xbox exclusive that will be the best looking game of the generation...When the gen has just started?

Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

Go Up