In Japan, Xbox One Loses Another Game to the PS4 (Batman)

Started by kitler53, Sep 09, 2014, 01:59 PM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

full article here: http://kotaku.com/in-japan-xbox-one-loses-another-game-to-the-ps4-1632333372

highlights:

Within the last hour, however, it appears that Xbox.com is no longer hosting the Batman Arkham Knight page. Why would it? The game is now a PlayStation exclusive in Japan, according to popular Japanese game sites like Famitsu and Game Watch Impress.

When Game Watch Impress asked why Arkham Knight became a PS4 exclusive in Japan, they were told "no comment."

Of course, the game could be a timed exclusive and maybe get released on the Xbox One when it has a larger install base in Japan.

This isn't the first multi-platform game to become a PlayStation exclusive in the region. In June, it was announced that Destiny, a multi-platform title in the West, would be a PlayStation exclusive in Japan.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

kitler53

...that was quick.  the numbers must be terrible.

Dr. Pezus

Yeah I mean, why bother at this point. Most 3rd party games did terribly on 360 already in Japan and One will be WAYYYY worse. It's not worth it.

kitler53

Yeah I mean, why bother at this point. Most 3rd party games did terribly on 360 already in Japan and One will be WAYYYY worse. It's not worth it.

i'm just surprised it happened so fast.   it's like a day later and games are already being canceled.  won't help xbox sell in japan at all.

ethomaz

No publisher will want to spend money in a game that will eventually sell 2k copies.

the-pi-guy

Might not have anything to do with Xbox's release, but assuming it does it confirms what we all thought. 

BasilZero

Xbox One is pretty much deadweight in Japan.

This is not surprising at all.