XBOX releasing in teir 2 countries todayish [color=lime]Now with pics![/color]

Started by Legend, Sep 02, 2014, 04:48 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Interesting stuff. Wonder how it will perform?

Hopefully it'll do well

I doubt it will make a difference tbh.

A few weeks ago I was on a driving vacation through Europe. In Sweden at Game they had the XBOX ONE for sale already, plus all the games. It was fully advertised too. Had a sign out on the street even.

Luxembourg as another example had a huge XBOX ONE banner with Titanfall on one side and Ryse on the other. Luxembourg isn't even a teir 2 country. Switzerland, Belgium, Lichtenstein, and Denmark also all had the systems here and there in their shops.

Xevross

i mean,.. the holidays are always better than the rest of the year.  just historically speaking:   sales (sept - dec) / sales (jan - aug) ~= 1 typically.  i ran the numbers over the entire life of the ps360 last week and it is surprisingly consistent.   for xbox to reach 8M and be up YoY in the holidays xbox would have to hit 8M meaning it's holiday multiplier of 1.538.   that would be,..  unprecedented.

Yeah I know but this year has been more shame than usual for XBO and the holiday looks better than usual. Maybe 8m is optimistic , we'll see. It is extremely unpredictable!

7H3

"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Max King of the Wild

Releasing in South Africa on the 23rd of September :-D

Contemplating whether or not I should buy it now.

I feel like MS missed a step by taking so long to release in South Africa, after they made such good progress with the 360 in our region.

Definitely some hype around the launch!
Ps4 will probably drop price within the next year. Ms is going to have to have price parity and follow suit soon after that.

kitler53

still mulling over what kitler said earlier :P

take your time.  i think i've explained everything that leads me to believe xbox will be down YoY this holiday.  all my data is vgchartz for what it's worth.   they are a week behind so as far as i'm concerned you have a week-ish before you need to commit to the bet if you want to because that's when the first of the holiday numbers will trickle in.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

7H3

take your time.  i think i've explained everything that leads me to believe xbox will be down YoY this holiday.  all my data is vgchartz for what it's worth.   they are a week behind so as far as i'm concerned you have a week-ish before you need to commit to the bet if you want to because that's when the first of the holiday numbers will trickle in.

Yeah your numbers are sound, and I'm hoping for a better holiday for xbox one. It's hard to say as I think COD bundle alone will give a decent boost as it is still a hot title that many seem interested in right now. Also upcoming titles for xbox one make it a good time to buy. However, PS4 has more momentum and Destiny bundle which can sway mob mentality away from the other other console for holiday sales.

Xevross

It seems like XBO holiday sales rely very much on how many PS4 will steal from it.

7H3

@kitler53 I'll bet that the Xbox One does better holiday sales than last years 9-26-2014 - 1-7-2015 globally in the us :P

kitler53

Yeah your numbers are sound, and I'm hoping for a better holiday for xbox one. It's hard to say as I think COD bundle alone will give a decent boost as it is still a hot title that many seem interested in right now. Also upcoming titles for xbox one make it a good time to buy. However, PS4 has more momentum and Destiny bundle which can sway mob mentality away from the other other console for holiday sales.

i'm really curious to see how CoD performs this year.   it seems like the hearts and minds of gamers (the ones on forums at least) are tired of CoD but that has only resulted in a slight dip in actual sales over the last couple of games.   this year, at least to me, hype seems to be almost non-existent.  i'm really curious to see if CoD can still pull in the numbers or if (as i kind of expect/hope) destiny will take over a lot of that audience as the fresh/cool new thing.   that's a selfish wish i suppose but imo destiny looks to be 10x the gamer CoD ever was but i'm always a bigger fan of online co-op than online mp.  i'm going to live in those raid dungeons,..  err, i mean strikes.  :P

kitler53

@kitler53 I'll bet that the Xbox One does better holiday sales than last years 9-26-2014 - 1-7-2015 globally in the us :P

lulz.

u4gReservoirDogs

Agreed about all of it but there's no need for that dig.

I shouldn't have done that.  :-[
I'm always willing to endure humiliation on behalf of my characters. - Ben Stiller

Xevross

i'm really curious to see how CoD performs this year.   it seems like the hearts and minds of gamers (the ones on forums at least) are tired of CoD but that has only resulted in a slight dip in actual sales over the last couple of games.   this year, at least to me, hype seems to be almost non-existent.  i'm really curious to see if CoD can still pull in the numbers or if (as i kind of expect/hope) destiny will take over a lot of that audience as the fresh/cool new thing.   that's a selfish wish i suppose but imo destiny looks to be 10x the gamer CoD ever was but i'm always a bigger fan of online co-op than online mp.  i'm going to live in those raid dungeons,..  err, i mean strikes.  :P

Strikes and raids are two different things! I think the casuals will still love cod so it will give Destiny a run for its money at least. Since TV ads are only just starting its hard to tell whether casuals will jump on to Destiny

Shinobi-san

Ps4 will probably drop price within the next year. Ms is going to have to have price parity and follow suit soon after that.

Is your post refering to US? My post was about X1 releasing in South Africa...not sure how your reply is related :?

X1 is releasing at a cheaper price point in South Africa than PS4...and is bundled with Fifa and Forza. If Sony drops the price of the PS4 that will bring it inline with the X1 in my region.
Vizioneck STILL not banned at my workplace \O/

Xevross

Is your post refering to US? My post was about X1 releasing in South Africa...not sure how your reply is related :?

X1 is releasing at a cheaper price point in South Africa than PS4...and is bundled with Fifa and Forza. If Sony drops the price of the PS4 that will bring it inline with the X1 in my region.

What is the price of PS4 in SA?

kitler53

Strikes and raids are two different things! I think the casuals will still love cod so it will give Destiny a run for its money at least. Since TV ads are only just starting its hard to tell whether casuals will jump on to Destiny

well crud,.. i skipped the beta because i hate ruining my first impressions of a game with half a game.   so whatever the right term is i want to raid stuff with a group not be competitive.

Go Up