Beyond Two Souls Director's Cut is Coming on PS4 (Trophy List Confirmed)

Started by ethomaz, Aug 28, 2014, 01:13 PM

previous topic - next topic

BananaKing

Wait and build up demand?

they would be better off releasing it in the summer with much less competition.

BananaKing

ND said TLoU basically had to have it's engine re-written since it was soo optimized to the cell.  might be the same for beyond,.. that game was gorgeous afterall.  could be, like with ND, a good way to prep for their next game and get some cash out of the engine re-write.

yeah but ND also added a lot of graphical enhancements. and QD also made their engine from scratch with beyond and had next gen in mind. idk, just doesnt make sense for me to have the game ready but not release it and wait until the crowded part of the year when shame loads of gams are releasing.

kitler53

yeah but ND also added a lot of graphical enhancements. and QD also made their engine from scratch with beyond and had next gen in mind. idk, just doesnt make sense for me to have the game ready but not release it and wait until the crowded part of the year when shame loads of gams are releasing.

i agree.  i was kind of expecting it in august when the rumors first popped up.   at this point january seems like a good window too between the holiday and feburary rushes.   imo, that would be a great way to keep the momentum moving into 2015.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

i agree.  i was kind of expecting it in august when the rumors first popped up.   at this point january seems like a good window too between the holiday and feburary rushes.   imo, that would be a great way to keep the momentum moving into 2015.

hmmm. janurary actually is a good release date. much better than what i said during summer next year. announce it in December once all the games hit and gaming sites are talking less about them. release it in january with a much bigger install base after the holidays, a lot of which will be former wii and 360 owners. i dont think it would move consoles, but it can help with PS4 grabbing more mind share, Beyond in Jan, The Order in Feb and Bloodborne in March. it would be a "one, two, three punch" by Sony.

kitler53

hmmm. janurary actually is a good release date. much better than what i said during summer next year. announce it in December once all the games hit and gaming sites are talking less about them. release it in january with a much bigger install base after the holidays, a lot of which will be former wii and 360 owners. i dont think it would move consoles, but it can help with PS4 grabbing more mind share, Beyond in Jan, The Order in Feb and Bloodborne in March. it would be a "one, two, three punch" by Sony.

i'm actually surprised that no major game is currently slated for january on any system (that i'm aware of).  there are typically 1 or 2 looking for that post holiday gift-card crowd.

BananaKing

i'm actually surprised that no major game is currently slated for january on any system (that i'm aware of).  there are typically 1 or 2 looking for that post holiday gift-card crowd.

im surprised there isnt anything big for march. is there?

also i think software sales would be higher in feb and march than jan because people would still be playing the games they bought during christmas. in feb march they would have finished them and wanted to buy something new.

kitler53

im surprised there isnt anything big for march. is there?

not that i know of specifically.  bloodborne maybe.  that feburary date is, afaik, only specific to japan.   i wouldn't be surprised if the order isn't delayed a few weeks either just to space things out a bit.  too many games in feb and too few in jan/march.  a short 2-3 week delay would be good imo.

BananaKing

not that i know of specifically.  bloodborne maybe.  that feburary date is, afaik, only specific to japan.   i wouldn't be surprised if the order isn't delayed a few weeks either just to space things out a bit.  too many games in feb and too few in jan/march.  a short 2-3 week delay would be good imo.

yeah, but it would be bad press because every news site would say "order got delayed, again". IMO the order could hold its own in feb if it gets good reviews. if bloodborne is march then just keep it like that.

kitler53

yeah, but it would be bad press because every news site would say "order got delayed, again". IMO the order could hold its own in feb if it gets good reviews. if bloodborne is march then just keep it like that.

and bloodborne coming a few months after the japan release would make sense because they would have to translate that opening cut scene...

...dang nabbit, give me bloodborne now!

BananaKing

and bloodborne coming a few months after the japan release would make sense because they would have to translate that opening cut scene...

...dang nabbit, give me bloodborne now!

i want it soon too. :-( i wish it would be a feb release, but it doesnt make sense to do so!

Dr. Pezus

January is generally a bad month for new games. Nobody wants to buy games after the christmas rush

the-pi-guy

January is generally a bad month for new games. Nobody wants to buy games after the christmas rush

Nah bro, some people get Christmas money.  And lots of people take stuff back after Christmas. 

Dr. Pezus

Nah bro, some people get Christmas money.  And lots of people take stuff back after Christmas. 

Not enough to make up for all those who don't

the-pi-guy

Not enough to make up for all those who don't

That's what you think!

Dr. Pezus

Go Up