Guerrilla Games is expanding: moving to a new building, hoping to grow from 250 employees to 400 employees

Started by the-pi-guy, Jul 18, 2018, 09:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Guerrilla Games is expanding: moving to a new building, hoping to grow from 250 employees to 400 employees

Via Dutch news website Het Parool: https://www.parool.nl/amsterdam/oud-telegraafgebouw-wordt-uitvalsbasis-guerrilla-games~a4601684

The new building:

Currently re-construction is going on at the new building. Guerrilla Games' 250 employees and representatives from Sony visited the new building today (July 18th 2018). Currently Guerrilla Games employs about 250 people, with the new building they want to grow to at least 400 employees. Hermen Hulst also talks about some other recent developments at the studio, such as the fact that just in the last month Guerrilla hired 9 new developers. Guerrilla Games will aim to release 1 new game every 2-3 years, in that timeframe they want to release both new IPs and new games based on existing franchises. 

BananaKing

Wow amazing. I love the dev and I hope with them growing they don't lose their unique quality. A game every 3-4 years means that were looking at a 2020-2021 release for Horizon 2. I can't wait for their next game.

Legend

Wow amazing. I love the dev and I hope with them growing they don't lose their unique quality. A game every 3-4 years means that were looking at a 2020-2021 release for Horizon 2. I can't wait for their next game.
2-3 years baby!

Also the new building is within 2,000 feet of their current one. Shouldn't be that much of a hassle.

Kerotan

Big news. Hopefully horizon 2 comes out in the ps5's first year. Hermen is a beast. He comes across very motivated and is an absolute work horse. Delighted to see him having big success with his studio.

Legend

Big news. Hopefully horizon 2 comes out in the ps5's first year. Hermen is a beast. He comes across very motivated and is an absolute work horse. Delighted to see him having big success with his studio.
Speaking of their studio, do you want to know an amusing story about Killzone 2's announcement?

That infamous trailer was a CGI target render so that the team would have something to work towards. They didn't intend for it to be used for marketing and they laughed it off when it was said to be running real time, thinking everyone would assume Sony misspoke. It wasn't till the next day that they realised a controversy was brewing.

BananaKing

Jul 19, 2018, 12:41 AM Last Edit: Jul 19, 2018, 12:43 AM by BananaKing
2-3 years baby!

Also the new building is within 2,000 feet of their current one. Shouldn't be that much of a hassle.
I hope they have two fully functional teams. It will be interesting to see what type of game they would do next.

Would they do their steampunk action game that they had come up with?

Or would they do another RPG?

I actually hope their game isn't a launch title. Launch titles tend to suffer in quality due to time constraints and still getting familiar with the hardware. Killzone Shadow fall certainly suffered due to that.  

Xevross

God dang. So they can be like ND with two big teams and release games every 2-3 years? Fine by me.

Also I may be crazy but I swear they only moved recently, but maybe I'm just confusing them with Sant Monica.

BananaKing

God dang. So they can be like ND with two big teams and release games every 2-3 years? Fine by me.

Also I may be crazy but I swear they only moved recently, but maybe I'm just confusing them with Sant Monica.
Those where Sony Santa Monica.

Dr. Pezus

I was thinking the same thing

Kerotan

Well by launch I meant year 1 not day 1. Do naughty dog have a second team working on something not tlou2? Maybe they will have a launch title.

Xevross

Well by launch I meant year 1 not day 1. Do naughty dog have a second team working on something not tlou2? Maybe they will have a launch title.
I think they'll have a smaller team on pre-production, if PS5 is 2020 then I can see them having a title ready for launch period.

Horizon

Guerrilla will be Sony's best studio next gen just wait and see.  8)

BananaKing

Guerrilla will be Sony's best studio next gen just wait and see.  8)
That's a tough one. Because not only are they competing with naughty dog for that title but also SSM. If SSM successfully expand as well and keep their quality it will be hard to top them, and they might even edge out ND

Dr. Pezus

That's a tough one. Because not only are they competing with naughty dog for that title but also SSM. If SSM successfully expand as well and keep their quality it will be hard to top them, and they might even edge out ND
If ssm can keep Cory barlog I'm betting on them lol