NPD April 2018 Thread - Dad Jokes are Back!

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 18, 2018, 05:34 PM

previous topic - next topic

Dr. Pezus

This is also the first time PS4 or XB1 have broken 200k in April. Just shows how big this month was for PS4.

Edit: actually its the second time, I was lied to.
Yeah ps4 did 206k once

Legend

Lol dang I just noticed XB1 is so low but still up 20% YOY. Last April really was a woeful time for it.

Thought more about GoW. Uncharted 4 sold around 3 million worldwide by the May NPD tracking period (about 1 and a half weeks). US was around 900k, so it sold 2.1m elsewhere. God of War in the same time will be around 4 million, we know its not quite as popular as U4 elsewhere/ only just as popular, so it probably is around 2m.
It included digital for U4 too with the 2.7m sell through, and that was 900k NPD. With GoW selling over a million more, I think its safe to say it will be at least quite close to 2m without digital. If digital is massive it might fall to 1.5m.

NPD tracks digital now anyway, so it doesn't matter. With digital I think it'll be above 2m in the US.
NPD tracks digital for their software rankings, but I guess I never put two and two together to realise that insiders would then be leaking physical+digital numbers.

ethomaz

Legend

Dr. Pezus

Dr. Pezus

Legend

Dr. Pezus

Legend

Tomorrow  ;)
Well excuse me for expecting you had a reason to bump the thread  ;)

Dr. Pezus

Legend

Dr. Pezus

May 22, 2018, 10:50 PM Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 10:54 PM by Dr. Pezus

Holy!

April NPD 2018: God of War is the big daddy | GamesBeat

God of War
Far Cry 5
MLB 18: The Show
Labo Variety Kit
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze*
Mario Kart 8*
Grand Theft Auto V
Call of Duty: WWII
Super Mario Odyssey*
NBA 2K18
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds**
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
Monster Hunter: World
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege
A Way Out**
Yakuza 6: The Song Of Life*
Sea Of Thieves
Kirby Star Allies*
FIFA 18**

"PlayStation 4 software dollar sales in April 2018 set an all-time April high for any platform since tracking began in 1995," NPD analyst Mat Piscatella said. "The record had previously been held by Xbox 360 and was set in April 2008."

Legend

Breaking a 10 year old record. Not bad.

Dr. Pezus

The PlayStation 4 DualShock 4 Wireless Controller Black was April's top-selling Accessory and remains the best-selling Accessory year to date. The PlayStation 4 DualShock 4 Wireless Controller Black is now the all-time best-selling Gamepad in dollar sales.

Dr. Pezus

So GoW the biggest playstation exclusive launch month ever... Including third party. That's cray

Go Up