God of War OT - God of YouTube?

Started by Dr. Pezus, Apr 20, 2018, 10:29 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

I've finished everything except collectibles now pretty much. Reckon its taken me around 40 hours. If I want to 100% it'd probably be another 5 hours to go round and collect everything I missed. Not sure if I want to though because I missed something in a story place it seems you can't go back to which sucks. My last manual save is many hours before that too.

Legend

Yeah same.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I thought the final fight with Baldur was the start of the end game, not the last fight in the game. I think it would have worked if they'd built up to it better. There was no indication that was the final fight of the game until after it had been finished. I was expecting more and that left me a bit disappointed. Mainly, I was expecting there to be more to Jotunheim, like maybe a couple hours journey to the top. But upon reflection I still love the ending. The ending was written really well, but its clear they're leaving a lot open for the story in terms of sequels. Oh also, have you gone back home yet? You need to do that for an extra scene.

Also where was your reaction to the blades section?? That was the best part of the story!

Plus there's still lots to do like all the Musphelheim trials, Nilfheim stuff and all the Valkyries.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Oh I loved the blades reveal. That was so perfectly done. If that energy carried over into the ending, it would have been a true 100/100 for me.<br><br>Yeah I went back home for the tease.<br><br>Does any late game stuff have story or is it just fun gameplay?<br><br>End boss kinda sucked because I was trying to not fight him. They did a poor job setting that up imo. Killing him in the cutscene was great at least.

Xevross

Spoiler for Hidden:
Oh I loved the blades reveal. That was so perfectly done. If that energy carried over into the ending, it would have been a true 100/100 for me.

Yeah I went back home for the tease.

Does any late game stuff have story or is it just fun gameplay?

End boss kinda sucked because I was trying to not fight him. They did a poor job setting that up imo. Killing him in the cutscene was great at least.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Yeah it was. I agree, its a shame they never managed to hit that level of perfection again. Everything was just done so well there. The ending was nice, but not on that level.<br><br>It has some lore but its mostly just fun gameplay. Not particularly a story to be told in it.<br><br>What do you mean trying not to fight him? Yeah it was a poor setup, Baldur just came out of nowhere. I think it needed maybe another hour of build up. Instead of having Baldur knock you out of the Serpent, just have you get out yourself and go to Jotunheim. Then have a bit of gameplay in Jotunheim, but realise that you opened the door for others to follow and that Baldur is chasing you. Then epic fight with him near the top. That would have been so much better.<br><br>Only problem with that is Freya, how would she get involved like she did? Maybe it would have to be done a bit differently, but that&#39;s the kind of build up I&#39;d have gone for.

Dr. Pezus

Wtf how the fudge did Legend finish before me? Isn't he making a game?

the-pi-guy

rofl.  You're a funny guy. 

#VizionEckDelayed2019

Legend

I needed a distraction.
Spoiler for Hidden:
Yeah it was. I agree, its a shame they never managed to hit that level of perfection again. Everything was just done so well there. The ending was nice, but not on that level.

It has some lore but its mostly just fun gameplay. Not particularly a story to be told in it.

What do you mean trying not to fight him? Yeah it was a poor setup, Baldur just came out of nowhere. I think it needed maybe another hour of build up. Instead of having Baldur knock you out of the Serpent, just have you get out yourself and go to Jotunheim. Then have a bit of gameplay in Jotunheim, but realise that you opened the door for others to follow and that Baldur is chasing you. Then epic fight with him near the top. That would have been so much better.

Only problem with that is Freya, how would she get involved like she did? Maybe it would have to be done a bit differently, but that's the kind of build up I'd have gone for.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Freya was saying don&#39;t fight so I didn&#39;t want to fight. Felt odd going against her since I wasn&#39;t fighting to protect anything.

Xevross

I needed a distraction.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Freya was saying don't fight so I didn't want to fight. Felt odd going against her since I wasn't fighting to protect anything.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Oh I see. Well I knew it was a video game and I had to fight lol. I knew Baldur was going to kill her so it felt right fighting him to protect her (and Atreus).<br>It was a conflict between protecting her (since she&#39;s much better for the world than Baldur), or doing what she wishes and letting Baldur kill her. Kratos chose the first option. I agree with him as well, even though it was tough.

the-pi-guy

Legend

Spoiler for Hidden:
Oh I see. Well I knew it was a video game and I had to fight lol. I knew Baldur was going to kill her so it felt right fighting him to protect her (and Atreus).
It was a conflict between protecting her (since she's much better for the world than Baldur), or doing what she wishes and letting Baldur kill her. Kratos chose the first option. I agree with him as well, even though it was tough.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Killing him in the cutscene was good. It was just that she pulled out her super magic and it didn&#39;t feel like she needed to be defended.<br><br>And what are the spiky blue crystals for?

Xevross

Spoiler for Hidden:
Killing him in the cutscene was good. It was just that she pulled out her super magic and it didn't feel like she needed to be defended.

And what are the spiky blue crystals for?

Spoiler for Hidden:
Hmm true. The thing is she was going to let him kill her though. So she had to be protected from herself too.<br><br>You mean the ones you shoot for light bridges? I can&#39;t think of any others...

Dr. Pezus

Xevross

I was thinking of doing another full playthrough to get all the collectibles, but then I remembered how the game works. A lot of the stuff you come across is locked until later, so that wouldn't really work. I'll probably just go back to each area and get all the stuff I missed.

Then if I want the plat I'm probably going to have to playthrough part of the game again, since I missed a rage horn piece in an area it seems you can't go back to.

Dr. Pezus

the-pi-guy

What does update 1.13 do?
It hacks your system.

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Small bug fixes apparently.<br><br>

Legend

Spoiler for Hidden:
Hmm true. The thing is she was going to let him kill her though. So she had to be protected from herself too.

You mean the ones you shoot for light bridges? I can't think of any others...

Spoiler for Hidden:
Like the red lightning crystals, but blue. I noticed them around but there was a specific chest I was going for on a lake island that looked like it&#39;d use them. Guess I just missed the 3rd letter pot.<br><br><br>I got full health and full rage. Pretty much collected everything.

Go Up