Kotaku: Nintendo has added lootboxes to Animal crossing Pocket Camp

Started by Legend, Apr 17, 2018, 08:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Kotaku: Nintendo has added lootboxes to Animal crossing Pocket Camp | ResetEra

Nintendo Has Added Loot Boxes To Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp just got loot boxes in its latest update. Thanks, I hate it! The mobile Animal Crossing game is no stranger to dodgy, predatory mobile game mechanics. This latest updates introduces the scummiest of all: loot boxes, in the form of the new Fortune Cookies. These items, available to buy at the market for either Bells or the paid currency of Leaf Tickets, will give you a random, rare items when you eat them that are only available in these cookies. They're not cheap, either. There are three tiers of Fortune Cookies available. The most expensive are linked to themed sets and are always purchasable with 50 Leaf Tickets. I grabbed one for the pastry shop themed furniture and clothing set and snagged a cute pastry display. The second tier is available for 5,000 bells, and are also linked to special furniture and clothing sets, but are only sometimes available to buy in the shop. The lowest tier costs 50 bells, and when I ate that I literally got a toilet. You can earn bells and Leaf Tickets in the game, and could probably earn enough Leaf Tickets to get a Fortune Cookie or two through leveling up and finishing quests. If you run out, the Leaf Ticket store does not sell Leaf Tickets in bundles of 50, so you'd have to buy the 45 ticket bundle for $2, and then the 20 ticket bundle for another buck. Your virtual furniture is gonna cost you $3. I reached out to Nintendo to ask why they've added these new items to Pocket Camp but they did not provide comment in time for publication.Click to expand...
Source: https://kotaku.com/nintendo-has-added-loot-boxes-to-animal-crossing-pocke-1825324973  

the-pi-guy

This is terrible!

Dr. Pezus

It's okay when Nintendo does it though

Legend

It's okay when Nintendo does it though
I don't think many Nintendo fans like this either.

Dr. Pezus

I don't think many Nintendo fans like this either.
Let's see