Sea of Thieves Review Thread: 68 MC (66 reviews), 66 OC (74 reviews)

Started by Xevross, Mar 22, 2018, 01:06 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

One of the only things going for this game is the promise of future support and updates. Closing Rare would make things even worse than it might first seem.
The next update adds pets and microtransactions. Don't think it'll be getting any better unless Ms goes into damage control mode.

Dr. Pezus

One of the only things going for this game is the promise of future support and updates. Closing Rare would make things even worse than it might first seem.
Well MS doesn't seem to have much patience tbh

Kerotan

Ms can do no right.

This is the new no mans sky.

BananaKing

They can give that task to another studio if it happens.  Things now hengd on now much this games sells and the userbase. If they have enough they can continue to update the game, and might get some extra revenue from microtransactions when they finally arrive. However, I'm predicting this is the last game Rare will make.

Xevross

I think its sold well though, already over a million. I guess MS won't care too much about the reception if it makes a decent profit.

Legend

Ms can do no right.

This is the new no mans sky.
It's bad but it's not that bad.

I think its sold well though, already over a million. I guess MS won't care too much about the reception if it makes a decent profit.
That's including gamepass right? People have free trials so many wouldn't have bought it. Still good but needs to be compared more to free to play game numbers than $60 retail game numbers.

Kerotan

How many of those sales are through gamepass. I don't think it will do well considering the investment especially marketing they put into this.

The game should have been €20. The same as no mans sky. Which was also a fun game just not worth 60.

Dr. Pezus

It's at 71 now actually, which isn't half bad

Kerotan

It isn't half good either. Same exact score as no mans sky. I wasn't wrong when I said this was xbox's answer to that lol.

Legend

65 on opencritic so it's still in a lot of flux.

65 isn't half bad either. It's just very average.

It isn't half good either. Same exact score as no mans sky. I wasn't wrong when I said this was xbox's answer to that lol.
Outside of being a shallow experience where you have to make your own fun, it doesn't have anything in common with NMS. Huge first party studio vs small indie team, exactly as promised vs lies and deceit, multiplayer vs single player, huge marketing budget vs just stage presentations, etc.

Plus just in regards to being shallow, it's way closer to Elite Dangerous. I posted about this in the past but Sea of Thieves is practically a copy of Elite Dangerous but with pirate ships instead of space ships.

BananaKing

Some of the highest reviews are from sites with "Xbox" in the name, suprise suprise.

Kerotan

65 on opencritic so it's still in a lot of flux.

65 isn't half bad either. It's just very average.
Outside of being a shallow experience where you have to make your own fun, it doesn't have anything in common with NMS. Huge first party studio vs small indie team, exactly as promised vs lies and deceit, multiplayer vs single player, huge marketing budget vs just stage presentations, etc.

Plus just in regards to being shallow, it's way closer to Elite Dangerous. I posted about this in the past but Sea of Thieves is practically a copy of Elite Dangerous but with pirate ships instead of space ships.

"Outside of being a shallow experience where you have to make your own fun"

That's exactly what I meant. The game should have launched at 20 euro.

Legend

"Outside of being a shallow experience where you have to make your own fun"

That's exactly what I meant. The game should have launched at 20 euro.
Aw gotchq. Can't deny that.

Kerotan

Aw gotchq. Can't deny that.
Both look fun but seriously lacked in content. I could see that with no mans sky so held off. I've now lost interest and will probably only play if its free with ps plus.

Dr. Pezus

Go Up