Nintendo: 'New Play' for Nintendo Switch to be Revealed Later (2PM PST, 10PM GMT)

Started by Xevross, Jan 17, 2018, 02:51 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

From facebook:

Tune in at 10pm UK time tonight to discover a new interactive experience for Nintendo Switchthat's specially crafted for kids and those who are kids at heart.

website which will be updated: 2018.1.18 | Nintendo Switch

Xevross

Well this could be absolutely anything but I'm not going to miss it anyway. Mainly because I have nothing else to do

Cute Pikachu

Noat other countries are saying its an experience for both kids an adults which most Nintendo games are...hmm. Kirby, Mario, Zelda, Pokémon, Yoshi all for under this as a game meant for kids but loved by people that are kids in heart.  ???
1 hour to see what it is.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Xevross

Cute Pikachu

the-pi-guy

"play, make, discover"

So novel!  No one has ever thought of this before!

Neat, but seems really niche.  

Cute Pikachu

"play, make, discover"

So novel!  No one has ever thought of this before!

Neat, but seems really niche.  
Yeah it looks DOA honestly. The Switch audience isn't built with families yet.

Legend

Whole video my mouth is open and I'm thinking what the fudge.

I still don't fully grasp what it is. Lots of those cardboard things look incredibly complex and hard to build. I imagine they will deteriorate fast while playing.

the-pi-guy

Whole video my mouth is open and I'm thinking what the fudge.

I still don't fully grasp what it is. Lots of those cardboard things look incredibly complex and hard to build. I imagine they will deteriorate fast while playing.
I think it's a few cardboard kits where the cardboard has to be assembled a certain way so that playing with the cardboard presses buttons on the controllers.

I'm not sure if the cardboard kits interact with each other, or if each build is a separate kit that has to be bought.  

Resetera is blown away, like 1500 posts of people saying it's like the best thing ever.  

I think it's pretty cool, but it's not something I'd likely ever want to buy...  

DerNebel

I think it's a few cardboard kits where the cardboard has to be assembled a certain way so that playing with the cardboard presses buttons on the controllers.

I'm not sure if the cardboard kits interact with each other, or if each build is a separate kit that has to be bought.  

Resetera is blown away, like 1500 posts of people saying it's like the best thing ever.  

How shocking...

Xevross

That's an exaggeration, I'd say half of them don't like it and only a few are saying they love it :P

I think its neat and I'd like to see what it can do but I probably won't buy it myself

the-pi-guy

That's an exaggeration, I'd say half of them don't like it and only a few are saying they love it :P

I think its neat and I'd like to see what it can do but I probably won't buy it myself
Now you're the one that's exaggerating!  

I was just looking on the first few pages, and like 10% of people are blown away, and like 45% of people say it's cool.  

Legend

Jan 17, 2018, 11:18 PM Last Edit: Jan 17, 2018, 11:32 PM by Legend

So is cardboard the point, kinda like building with lego?

Or is it just a cheaper way to have a lot of plastic accessories?

I'm still not sure how the piano is supposed to work.

the-pi-guy

So is cardboard the point, kinda like building with lego?

Or is it just a cheaper way to have a lot of plastic accessories?
Seems like a little bit of both.  
It's probably a bunch of pieces that make a variety of shapes that can be used for various things.  

I think they want it to be a lego like thing.

I'm still not sure how the piano is supposed to work.
I was thinking that there'd be cardboard pieces that would strike the buttons on the controller, but it doesn't look like that guy pushed in the controller before he started playing it.  So I am not sure....  

The more I watch this, the less I'm certain of a couple of things.  

Cute Pikachu

It comes with a coding software too so the potential it has with STEM is large.