Spencer: "The battle is really September, October, November, and December."

Started by Legend, Aug 14, 2014, 03:45 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

"We shipped at the same time and we're in direct competition with the PS4," he said. "I'm not going to duck that. I want to win. I want to win this generation, but I want to win more than I want the other guy to lose. I own a PS4, and it's not like I want it to get dusty or not have games. But I do want to sell a lot of Xbox Ones, and for many people that's a direct competition with the PS4. As the Xbox team, we are the underdog."
"They beat us in June. They beat us in May," Spencer added. "These months are small if you look at the sales. I think the whole month of June is about one week in November. They're winning, and they'll do their PR around it, and that makes sense. The battle is really September, October, November, and December."
source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-on-xbox-one-vs-ps4-we-are-the-underdog-b/1100-6421704/

ethomaz

He didn't have nothing anymore to say lol.
In December "the real battle starts in 2015".

Legend

September is Destiny.

Sony will win that one too.

Nov with MCC is the real battle.

ethomaz

September is Destiny.

Sony will win that one too.

Nov with MCC is the real battle.

PS4 baseline sales in holidays will be crazy... we are looking for 1 million per week.
No MCC won't make it a battle.

Legend

PS4 baseline sales in holidays will be crazy... we are looking for 1 million per week.
No MCC won't make it a battle.

In America.

Dr. Pezus

MCC will change nothing. The hardcore Halo fans already have an Xbox One.

7H3

yeah I don't see people getting and xone for MCC, but perhaps those that have been waiting for halo 5 will since it has the beta access...
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

7H3

also that COD effect ...
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Legend

yeah I don't see people getting and Xbox One | The All-in-one Entertainment System from Xbox for MCC, but perhaps those that have been waiting for halo 5 will since it has the beta access...

I was planning to get an XBOX ONE this holiday for Halo 5 but obviously that game isn't coming out yet. For people like me an MCC themed XBOX could really get us to commit a year early.

nnodley

Well phil spencer mine will be available in October.  But I don't expect you to win september, october, november, or december. 

Mmm_fish_tacos

Aug 14, 2014, 05:29 PM Last Edit: Aug 14, 2014, 05:31 PM by Mmm_fish_tacos
I was thinking about getting one. Games stop has them used for 375 with kinect.

Riderz1337

They will definitely not win in September...Destiny is going to be big on PS4. As for the other three months, Idk. Maybe November cause they have Call of Duty to help in the US plus the Masterchef collection.
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

Xevross

They will definitely not win in September...Destiny is going to be big on PS4. As for the other three months, Idk. Maybe November cause they have Call of Duty to help in the US plus the Masterchef collection.

Yeah i think November is their only chance of winning in the US this year. Ps4 will still win globally though

Riderz1337

I just realized I wrote Masterchef

Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

the-pi-guy

I just realized I wrote Masterchef

I'm so hyped for the Masterchef collection.  #Goingtogethawtinmykitchen.