Update on lootbox legislation in America

Started by Legend, Dec 05, 2017, 06:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

darkknightkryta

What's the tldr;?

Legend

What's the tldr;?
He is working on drafting a bill to put it into legal terms and working with other states to get the ball rolling on their own bills. Will be put into place state by state and even if only a couple states start regulating it, that'll really quickly push it into a de facto national standard.

Their current approach is to ban the sale of lootboxes to minors.

DD_Bwest

He is working on drafting a bill to put it into legal terms and working with other states to get the ball rolling on their own bills. Will be put into place state by state and even if only a couple states start regulating it, that'll really quickly push it into a de facto national standard.

Their current approach is to ban the sale of lootboxes to minors.
i see problems when it comes to implementation.   my thought is that eventually everything will just be bought with ingame currency and then they will sell the currency.   it removes the "gambling" part and the aspect for getting people to buy more than they normally would, but still allows them to sell openly to everyone.

i wonder what the purchase ratio is for adults vs kids hounding their parents for 10 dollars here n there to buy stupid boxes

Legend

i see problems when it comes to implementation.   my thought is that eventually everything will just be bought with ingame currency and then they will sell the currency.   it removes the "gambling" part and the aspect for getting people to buy more than they normally would, but still allows them to sell openly to everyone.

i wonder what the purchase ratio is for adults vs kids hounding their parents for 10 dollars here n there to buy stupid boxes
I'd prefer that. Wouldn't like it, but it's better than today.