Titles cut from Gamescom

Started by the-pi-guy, Aug 14, 2014, 03:41 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Some new titles they planned to announce at Gamescom had to be cut out of the presentation; one of the reasons why was because they decided to put in new trailers for The Order and Bloodborne

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=874307

Raven

- Some new titles they planned to announce at Gamescom had to be cut out of the presentation; one of the reasons why was because they decided to put in new trailers for The Order and Bloodborne

- Sony will be working with other publishers in Japan to help increase the userbase of the PS4 in Japan

- PS4 will be be getting lots of new content at TGS

- Project Morpheus will have content that will be very appealing to the Japanese audience

- Studio that's developing WiLD are the new studio by the people that made Rayman

- Not a single mention of PSV/PS3/PSP

Legend

Project Morpheus will have content that will be very appealing to the Japanese audience

Xevross

Sounds good for Japan but thats some battleship that they cut it because of the trailers! Don't give me that shame Sony! You finished early!

Legend

Sounds good for Japan but thats some battleship that they cut it because of the trailers! Don't give me that shame Sony! You finished early!

Maybe they didn't expect to?

Xevross

Maybe they didn't expect to?

I can't believe that. They finished 20 minutes early, that doesn't just happen by chance. These things are very carefully planned out with timings

nnodley

They played The order and bloodborne trailers before they even started talking and they were like a total of 5-6 minutes together.  I DON'T GET IT!!!  dang YOU SOONY!!

Xevross

They played The order and bloodborne trailers before they even started talking and they were like a total of 5-6 minutes together.  I DON'T GET IT!!!  dang YOU SOONY!!

Its just an excuse and I can't work out why.

nnodley

Its just an excuse and I can't work out why.

Yeah there is no reason I see why they would have to cut anything.  I personally thought it ended pretty abruptly.  I for sure thought they would end it with a big first party new IP.

Legend

Yeah there is no reason I see why they would have to cut anything.  I personally thought it ended pretty abruptly.  I for sure thought they would end it with a big first party new IP.

Maybe they saw the microsoft conference and were like "Nah, save them for when they're needed"

Ya burnt

Xevross

Well i wasn't expecting anything huge but I was expecting it to last the usual 1 hr and 30 mins

nnodley

Maybe they saw the microsoft conference and were like "Nah, save them for when they're needed"

Ya burnt

True, true.  I still expected a somewhat bigger first party title to be teased. But it seems the PT teaser and other games have given them quite a bit of hype so they probably made the right decision.

nnodley

Well i wasn't expecting anything huge but I was expecting it to last the usual 1 hr and 30 mins

Yeah neither was I.  I thought we would at least get a teaser for a first party title that would get a big full reveal at some point over the next 6 months. 

Xevross

Yeah neither was I.  I thought we would at least get a teaser for a first party title that would get a big full reveal at some point over the next 6 months.

I see, a bit like the Uncharted teaser then?

nnodley

I see, a bit like the Uncharted teaser then?

Yeah it would have been just enough to give people some more hype for the first party titles, but also keeping enough hidden to keep us guessing and talking about it for months till a full reveal.