Crackdown 3 delayed to Spring 2018

Started by Legend, Aug 16, 2017, 09:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Crackdown 3 delayed to Spring 2018 - NeoGAF

https://www.polygon.com/2017/8/16/16...source=twitter
Microsoft is delaying the release of Crackdown 3 from Nov. 7, 2017 to spring 2018, the company confirmed to Polygon today. Shannon Loftis, Microsoft Studios Publishing general manager, said the company is delaying the Xbox One and Windows PC game to give development teams Reagent Games, Sumo Digital and Cloudgine extra time to ensure a quality experience. "We're very excited about Crackdown 3, and so are many fans, and so it's a difficult call to move the release date," Loftis said in an email interview with Polygon. "However, we want to make sure to deliver the right game, with the right quality, and at the right time. Crackdown 3 is a hugely ambitious game and we want to ensure we deliver the right experiences all the way through every part of the game, whether that's campaign, co-op multiplayer or our competitive multiplayer mode, Wrecking Zone. Getting the balance right between the three modes is important, and we are going to take the extra development time to ensure that. Gamers can expect Crackdown 3 in Spring of 2018." Crackdown 3 was originally announced at E3 2014 and was, at one point, targeting a release in the second half of 2016. It's clearly a complex project, one that has evolved since its unveiling, and Crackdown fans have learned to be patient waiting for it to come out. "Crackdown 3 is an incredibly ambitious project that pushes the technological envelope with immersive true 4K gameplay, cloud-computing competitive multiplayer and a sprawling and futuristic open world," Loftis said when asked about the challenges the development teams have faced over the years. "The team has been working extremely hard to deliver a great experience for fans and this extra time will help us do just that."

Legend

Did not expect that. Good for them to delay since it looked needed.

Xevross

Well it was looking absolutely awful so this gives them time to maybe slightly fix it.

ethomaz

MS E3 2014

Phantom Dust Remake
Scalebound
Crackdown 3

Well I wish to review my score.

Kerotan

It's not a system seller anyway but 2017 will go down as one of the worst games in xboxhistory.

Legend

It's not a system seller anyway but 2017 will go down as one of the worst games in xboxhistory.
What console exclusives do they have for the year now?

Halo Wars 2
Tacoma
Forza 7
Cuphead

Right?

Xevross

Halo Wars 2
Tacoma
Forza 7
Cuphead

Right?
I can't think of any more. Its pathetic really but obviously exclusives aren't MS's focus any more.

Ludicrous Speed

Halo Wars 2
Tacoma
Forza 7
Cuphead

Right?
There's also PUBG, which will be more than enough for me :)

Kerotan

Pity the general market doesn't think like you.  Now that their "exclusives" are all pc titles they really don't have anything. The xbox empire is crumbling.

Legend

I can't think of any more. Its pathetic really but obviously exclusives aren't MS's focus any more.
Also super lucky's tale.
If you include games already released on other platforms, then yeah the list doubles in size. Gigantic, hello neighbor, etc.

BasilZero

Crackdown 1/2 HD Collection when?

Ludicrous Speed

Aug 17, 2017, 01:40 AM Last Edit: Aug 17, 2017, 01:47 AM by Ludicrous Speed
They shouldn't bother with 2.

Also super lucky's tale.If you include games already released on other platforms, then yeah the list doubles in size. Gigantic, hello neighbor, etc.
Gigantic is a pretty good MOBA. But yeah, PUBG coming to consoles is about as close to a SOCOM 5 well ever get so I am extremely pumped.

darkknightkryta

Halo Wars 2
Tacoma
Forza 7
Cuphead

Right?
Aren't those coming out for PC?

Legend

Aren't those coming out for PC?
Hence console exclusives ;)

Kerotan

They shouldn't bother with 2.
Gigantic is a pretty good MOBA. But yeah, PUBG coming to consoles is about as close to a SOCOM 5 well ever get so I am extremely pumped.
Americas Arma proving grounds is already on ps4. Far closer experience to socom.  As a socom fan I'm so satisfied right now on ps4. The only thing that could top this is socom.