Bananaking's E3 2017 Predictions.

Started by BananaKing, May 29, 2017, 07:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

nnodley

Eh the thing is some people like seeing things in the pipeline and some people don't.  That's just opinions and everything.  It's not that bad to get a look at things at most 2 years out.  It's when you get to the point where it's 3, 4 or more years till something releases from it's announcement.  

I'm one that wants to see stuff years out just not more than 3 or so years.  Most shown are good so far, but if any of these games show up at next e3 as well then thats where it starts getting annoying, imo.

Legend

Eh the thing is some people like seeing things in the pipeline and some people don't.  That's just opinions and everything.  It's not that bad to get a look at things at most 2 years out.  It's when you get to the point where it's 3, 4 or more years till something releases from it's announcement.  

I'm one that wants to see stuff years out just not more than 3 or so years.  Most shown are good so far, but if any of these games show up at next e3 as well then thats where it starts getting annoying, imo.
2 years is my cutoff.

If it's more than 2 years from the first time the game has a big public showing, that's almost always too long.

Rabbids is awesome. Announced yesterday and releasing in August. If leaks weren't so common, that'd be a great way to reveal a lot of games.

DerNebel

Jun 13, 2017, 08:11 PM Last Edit: Jun 13, 2017, 08:20 PM by DerNebel
They went too hard with it though. The last two conferences were insane, and as it turns out a lot of those announced games aren't even out yet. You could easily find at least 3 or 4 big games they announced in e3 2015/ 2016 that they could have saved for this year, so they had 3 great conferences in a row instead of this one being a bit of a let down. I'm thinking, FFVII remake, Death Stranding, Spiderman, Detroit etc.
I'm not sure they could have made Square wait this long, that company simply can't help itself (Kingdom Hearts 3 was announced 4 fudgy years ago!!!), but yeah a couple could have definitely been moved around (though I personally would have kept Spider-Man in 2016 and instead put Dreams in this year).

But like I mentioned before, this would have worked a lot neater, if the Order had actually been good and if that new SSM IP hadn't been canceled. The Order, Bloodborne and the new SSM IP could have carried 2014 and they wouldn't have needed to put in that in retrospect pretty useless Uncharted 4 trailer. Then make 2015 about TLG, Shenmue 3 (cause why not), Horizon and Uncharted 4 (this time immediately revealed with gameplay. Oh and they should have also not done that announcement at the PS4 launch event btw). Then for 2016 you have God of War, Spider-Man, Crash and maybe GT Sport.

2017 could then be filled with a selection of Dreams, Detroit, Shadow of the Colossus, TLOU2, Death Stranding, Days Gone, FFVII Remake and probably The Order 2, actually still leaving enough announcements that you could fill a 2017 and 2018 show with them.

But I guess that thanks to the power of hindsight and imagination we can all be marketing experts.

Eh the thing is some people like seeing things in the pipeline and some people don't.  That's just opinions and everything.  It's not that bad to get a look at things at most 2 years out.  It's when you get to the point where it's 3, 4 or more years till something releases from it's announcement. 

I'm one that wants to see stuff years out just not more than 3 or so years.  Most shown are good so far, but if any of these games show up at next e3 as well then thats where it starts getting annoying, imo.
I fully expect some of the games at this years Sony conference to reappear next year.

Go Up