NeoGAF - View Single Post - YouTube pranksters Daddyofive deny child abuse claims

Started by the-pi-guy, Apr 21, 2017, 01:11 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  YouTube pranksters Daddyofive deny child abuse claims

Videos on the Daddyofive channel, which has 759,000 subscribers, range from everyday vlogs to pranks of epic proportion - and the children are usually the ones being pranked. The controversial video, published on 12 April, shows the parents pouring ink onto their youngest son Cody's bedroom floor and then blaming him for making the mess. They swear at him angrily for making the mess and when he denies it, they accuse him of lying.

Cody then cries hysterically, along with his brother Alex, who is also being pranked. Some of the comments under the video claim that the pranks are abuse, while others say that the parents are exploiting their children for sponsorship and money. In the response video which addresses the criticism - called "blocking the haters" - the children strongly deny that any abuse has taken place. One of the sons, Alex, says: "I'm upstairs playing my game right now; how am I abused?"

In a statement on Twitter, Daddyofive said: "We discussed different alternatives for our future videos and ways we can improve. "We deeply apologise for your feelings of concern. We DO NOT condone child abuse in any way, shape, or form. "As many of our friends and family would tell you, we are a loving, close-knit family."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...d-abuse-claims Now, I'm sure some of you are like "who gives a fudge", but there's a discussion to be had about exploiting your kids for Youtube views in this manner.  The video has since been removed, along the rest of DaddyofFive's videos set to private, but Philip DeFranco talks about it in one of his with clips. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvoLmsXKkYM Smash that motherfucking like  button if old. Edit:
Originally Posted by Rumblebones

I am not a fan of Philip DeFranco, especially when it comes to social issues, however he has done stellar work on this disgusting scandal. I would recommend you watch all three videos.FirstSecondThird

Watch these.

Really awful.  

the-pi-guy

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  YouTube pranksters Daddyofive deny child abuse claims

Might be an important video in the future for referenceWORST DAD ON YOUTUBE: How repulsive was the hidden content of Daddyofive? Jesus fudgy christ... So hard to watch and it gets worsehttps://youtu.be/QOVrrL5KtsM?t=241

Originally Posted by Randam

The fudge?

/// The dad says it's a scab and red ink.

GribbleGrunger

That is abuse. Children are not mentally prepared to cope with suddenly finding out something they were traumatised by was is in fact something they shouldn't be traumatised by. They're traumatised ...

DD_Bwest

ive been following this closely since  monday,  and its really iced up.

theres a video of the daughter being tormented, at one point she sits in the fetal position against the wall crying saying she wants to go home,  and as she says home they cut they audio for a few seconds,   a minute later the dad is yelling at her and says "do i need to turn the camera off"  .. she screams and begs for him not to..  

the fetal positiom is common in all the videos,  the curl up with a back to a wall and cry.

the kids flinch when their dad gets close to them, they show so many tells of abused children.

these parents need to go to prison,  now.

Aura7541

Glad that Philip DeFranco brought attention to this or otherwise, I wouldn't have known about this. These parents don't deserve to be near their children.

Aura7541

the-pi-guy

That's really good.  
It blows me away, the kinds of things that the parents were doing to these kids.  Glad the worst treated ones are able to get out of that crud.  

DD_Bwest

so glad to hear

i hope someone sets up a gofundme for cody to make sure he gets to still game at his moms, like if the dad doesnt let him take thr console.  having an escape is important for kids and im sure his xbox helped him many times.  it would suck if he looses out on the ability to game.  that kid needs some stability and happiness

DD_Bwest

im at work so i havent seen the video yet,  but a youtube channel i follow says the dad was charged with dom violence

the-pi-guy

im at work so i havent seen the video yet,  but a youtube channel i follow says the dad was charged with dom violence