EA Announces Subscription Service for Xbox One ($5/Month or $30/Year)

Started by ethomaz, Jul 29, 2014, 07:15 PM

previous topic - next topic

Dr. Pezus

Lol, FIFA and BF for $60? What is this guy smoking?

7H3

hmm if you wanted to play those games you probably already bought them... I mean unless the discount is applicable at retail for physical copies seems pointless and why not wait to play the games for free as you won't be able to return them or upgrade them...

This kind of thing would be better integrated with PSNow I think, as I wouldn't mind an extra $30 - $40 sub to get unrestricted access to games from a publisher as long as they were newer titles...
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Max King of the Wild

Hopefully this shows Sony that gamers want netflix type service for Ps now.

u4gReservoirDogs

I hope this turns out good for Sony!
First Titanfall and now this subscription first on Xbox One, EA is betting on the wrong horse again.  :D
I'm always willing to endure humiliation on behalf of my characters. - Ben Stiller

ethomaz

ethomaz

First Victim of EA Early Access: Madden?

You'll only be able to play Madden NFL 15 before its Aug. 26 launch if you own an Xbox One and subscribe to EA Access. There will be no publicly available demo, a representative for publisher Electronic Arts confirmed to Polygon today.

That bucks a trend nearly a decade long. EA has released a downloadable demo on consoles for every Madden title since Madden NFL 06 in 2005, although that game's trial came out shortly after the title itself launched alongside the Xbox 360. A playable Madden demo is traditionally available approximately two weeks prior to release.

Asked to provide details on why there won't be a Madden 15 demo, the EA spokesperson declined to clarify. But it's worth noting that last month, EA announced an Xbox One-exclusive subscription service called EA Access. The program, which costs $4.99 a month or $29.99 a year, includes up to five days of pre-release access to upcoming EA titles.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/11/5991063/madden-nfl-15-no-demo-ea-access

In easy words you need to pay to play the demo.

7H3

hmm i smell shame
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Dr. Pezus

If Playstation gets no demo they're going to lose some sales

Legend

Demos dkn't really sell sports games. People just replay the demo over and over.

ethomaz

Demos dkn't really sell sports games. People just replay the demo over and over.

It really does sell sports games.

I buy FIFA or PES based on Demo... mostly of my friends too... it is a key decision for sports games.

Legend

It really does sell sports games.

I buy FIFA or PES based on Demo... mostly of my friends too... it is a key decision for sports games.

You mean you use the demo to decide Fifa verse pez? Hadn't thought about that angle.

ethomaz

You mean you use the demo to decide Fifa verse pez? Hadn't thought about that angle.

Yeap... every single year...PES is losing in the last years here btw.

But seems like Konami will take the top again this year... I'm waiting the demos.

Ludicrous Speed

Demos are becoming a thing of the past. Most publishers rarely put out a demo nowadays. Even Madden doesn't have a next gen demo for 25.

And for the majority of people, the demo is irrelevant. Especially when it comes to Madden.

Xevross

Demos are becoming a thing of the past. Most publishers rarely put out a demo nowadays. Even Madden doesn't have a next gen demo for 25.

And for the majority of people, the demo is irrelevant. Especially when it comes to Madden.

Yeah people can judge from youtube videos and things like that now

ethomaz

So how the gameplay feels didn't matter anymore :D

Well I yet need to play FIFA and PES demos to decide which buy every year... and need to play by myself.

But maybe Football (even in gaming) is a serious business here.

Go Up