Fish tacos thread of making!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Nov 12, 2015, 04:03 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

darkknightkryta

I remember this being called something else.  Anyways, I was swapping out analogue sticks between two of my Dualshock 3s.  I couldn't put one back together and one of the motor wires snapped off.

Mmm_fish_tacos

I remember this being called something else.  Anyways, I was swapping out analogue sticks between two of my Dualshock 3s.  I couldn't put one back together and one of the motor wires snapped off.
I had a hard time coming up with a name for it. Then I started watching tested and realized there's a whole maker movement so i changed the title to better fit that.

Break the the soldering Iron. Easy fix. The ps3 controller is a bit of a pain to get back together and you can seriously screw it up if you're not careful.

SWORDF1SH

What projects are you working on atm Fish#2?

darkknightkryta

I had a hard time coming up with a name for it. Then I started watching tested and realized there's a whole maker movement so i changed the title to better fit that.

Break the the soldering Iron. Easy fix. The ps3 controller is a bit of a pain to get back together and you can seriously screw it up if you're not careful.

I can solder them back on.  I'm just weighing in on whether it's worth the effort.  I might donate it to the school I'm working at for the computer engineering course.  I seriously couldn't get the D-pad back together for that one.  Which is weird considering the good one I wanted to put the better analogue stick in, went back together pretty nicely.

Mmm_fish_tacos

What projects are you working on atm Fish#2?
You know I was just about to post saying too many! And that's my problem. I did take like a 3 week break from everything because I had too much other stuff going on, but now I'm back at it.

I got my Game/office/design lab room going now. I've been scraping off god awful texture in that room, I spent all day doing that yesterday.

I'm also build a cnc machine. I just got back on that today after spending 2 hours fine tuning my printer in fact here's a photo!

This is the cnc machine I'm building.

I'm also designing Arcade stick boxes that I hope to sell online. That's why I need the cnc.

Geeze I'm sure I've got other projects that I'm forgetting about. But Remodeling my master bath and building my workshop in the garage is on the list of things to do.

the-pi-guy

I haven't finished my gameboy.  :(

Mmm_fish_tacos

the-pi-guy

I still need a case.  :P

SWORDF1SH

So CNC is a type of machine? You can get different ones for different jobs?

Mmm_fish_tacos

So CNC is a type of machine? You can get different ones for different jobs?
Sort of. They're all capable of doing the samething. Its just some are a lot better than others. This one is about as basic as it gets. If i ever have money to spend again ill get an x carve.

Inventables

darkknightkryta

It's hard o tell cause of the focus, but do you think this board still works?  If the battery damage is just isolated and the board itself is good, I can convert it to a multi cps2 board.

The conversion needs the battery gone so it missing isn't an issue.

Mmm_fish_tacos

I dont know man, looks bad to me. Can you solder a temp battery in place to test it?

SWORDF1SH

Sort of. They're all capable of doing the samething. Its just some are a lot better than others. This one is about as basic as it gets. If i ever have money to spend again ill get an x carve.

Inventables
That looks like a nice bit of kit. How much would you have to save to get something like that?

Mmm_fish_tacos

That looks like a nice bit of kit. How much would you have to save to get something like that?
Because i have the router already and im going to print things like the drag chain and tool holder. ill make my own waste board ive managed to get the price down to about 1000 for the new version.  

darkknightkryta

Oct 12, 2016, 02:29 PM Last Edit: Oct 12, 2016, 02:31 PM by darkknightkryta
I dont know man, looks bad to me. Can you solder a temp battery in place to test it?
I don't actually have it, it's on ebay.  I wouldn't need a battery, I'd be converting it into a multi board.  I have to take out all the roms and put this thing on top: Amazing way to create your own multi CPS-2 system brought to us by DARKSOFT

I was wondering if you think the acid might have damaged something else on the board.  Like, CPS2 boards don't "need" the battery.  They only need the battery for the encryption keys.  Which, in my case, I wouldn't really care about.

Go Up