General Discussion Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 16, 2014, 06:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

BasilZero

Now you can finally stop sounding like a woman!

lol

Tried it and tested it while playing a game.

Its quite nice.

Way better than all the other headsets I've worn (though those werent gaming headsets so I guess no surprise l0l).

Tested the sound quality, seems like there's no background noise or messy noise when I use the USB stick for the headset - glad I went with this headset and not the G230 which doesnt come with the USB stick.

The G230 was $35 - regular price at $60

While the G430 which I got was $40 - regular price at $80.

Went with the better deal.

the-pi-guy

You know, this wouldn't have happened if you would have stopped the gays from getting married. This is god's wrath upon you. /s
God doesn't do that. 
He only makes people shoot up the gays.
At least according to the (I'm pretty sure it was the westboro baptist church)

Mmm_fish_tacos

Well we got lucky and the worst of the storm split and went around my town, we only got rain and thunder.

Mmm_fish_tacos

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  Elon Musk sent a company wide email regarding Tesla factory conditions

Lost among the day's news about the Paris climate change accord was this email that Tesla CEO Elon Musk sent out company wide the previous day. This email has been confirmed as real by multiple employees of Tesla.
/

For the many people who are ignorant of this person on GAF, and we know that most of GAF is incredibly ignorant regarding him from the Elon Musk/Paris accords thread, I will offer only a brief explanation.
 Musk is very well-known for being very hands-on as a manager. This goes back to his days at Paypal where he actually wrote a lot of platform code himself. He is also well-known for being very engaged at SpaceX and for basically learning advanced rocketry from books himself just so he could understand what his engineers were doing and engage with them to solve problems.
 During the early troubled launch period of the Model X electric SUV, he became famous at Tesla for pitching a tent at the end of the assembly lines for it and sleeping on the factory floor overnight for several weeks so he could be there to inspect every car as it came off the line. I'm not making this story up.
 Knowing a little about how Musk operates, I can really see him going down to the factory floor and working random line jobs there to verify if something there was reported as being dangerous or causing working injuries. He has long had a reputation for wanting employees at his companies to bring concerns directly to him bypassing intervening layers of management so this is not anything new to him.
 The Reddit thread about this can be found here:https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors...conditions_he/

Id work for this guy.

Xevross

'Van hits pedestrians' on London Bridge in 'major incident' - BBC News

Please, please don't be another terrorist attack. I hope everyone's okay.

Xevross

So it seems like a van was driven down London Bridge at over 50mph, knocking people over, before they got to Borough Market at the south side and possibly got out and started stabbing people, and then possibly got shot by police

Mmm_fish_tacos

What the fudge... this is getting out of hand. Its nearly once a week we hear about something like this.

Dr. Pezus

And 3 guys with long knives stabbing people.

To hell with this.
They're saying they had no clue that this could happen. I mean, wasn't the incident in Manchester a hint perhaps?

Xevross

What the fudge... this is getting out of hand. Its nearly once a week we hear about something like this.
Each time I'm getting more scared that it could happen to me. That's twice in London in three months, where I go to Uni, now. And where I live at home is close to Manchester. God I just want this to end

Dr. Pezus

Jun 03, 2017, 11:08 PM Last Edit: Jun 03, 2017, 11:15 PM by Dr. Pez
"More than one fatality"

"Natalie and Ben were coming up to the entrance of the underground on Borough High Street when they saw lots of people running.

The married couple witnessed someone being stabbed.

Ben said: "I saw a man in red with quite a large blade, I don't know the measurement I guess maybe 10 inches. He was stabbing a man...he stabbed him about three times fairly calmly.

"It looked the man had maybe been trying to intervene but there wasn't much that he could do he was being stabbed quite coldly and he slumped to the ground.

The attacker and another man walked off quite "boldly".

"A table was thrown, a bottle was thrown at the individual with the knife and then we heard three gunshots and we ran," he added."

Xevross

"More than one fatality"
Yeah :(

Thank god this wasn't last night, we were on a night out and were walking around on the streets for a while, less than a 15 minute walk from Borough Market towards Vauxhall. Jesus christ

Xevross

Officially declared as terrorist incidents. The incident at vauxhall was an unrelated stabbing

Xevross

Reports of explosions now. Hopefully they're just controlled explosions by police

Mmm_fish_tacos

Reports of explosions now. Hopefully they're just controlled explosions by police
Any updates?

Xevross

Any updates?
The explosions were just controlled ones.

It turns out that they killed all of the attackers at 10:16, only 8 minutes after the first 999 call and about quarter of an hour before the story broke. The police kept pushing out the cordon and telling people to leave after because they weren't sure they'd got all of them.

ISIS has also just claimed the attack and it appears it was co-ordinated with them.

Go Up