PS4 Bundle Now Includes The Last Of Us: Remastered for $399.99

Started by Raven, Jan 13, 2015, 03:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Mmm_fish_tacos

dang, was about to post this. Anyway, the should bundle knack and resogun too.

Raven

dang, was about to post this. Anyway, the should bundle knack and resogun too.

There are some games that actually might have a negative impact on sales. Knack is one of those games that the West just doesn't really want. Now Resogun, on the other hand, I could see them doing but the problem with that is that even though Sony owns the IP and published the game, I'm pretty sure they'd have to work that out with Housemarque. Besides, Resogun's time is essentially over. I don't think that would do much to increase sales. I can still see where you're coming from, though. Give away a game like The Last of Us that Sony already made its money on plus a cheaper game that, at this point, doesn't matter if they never sell another copy too.

Mmm_fish_tacos

There are some games that actually might have a negative impact on sales. Knack is one of those games that the West just doesn't really want. Now Resogun, on the other hand, I could see them doing but the problem with that is that even though Sony owns the IP and published the game, I'm pretty sure they'd have to work that out with Housemarque. Besides, Resogun's time is essentially over. I don't think that would do much to increase sales. I can still see where you're coming from, though. Give away a game like The Last of Us that Sony already made its money on plus a cheaper game that, at this point, doesn't matter if they never sell another copy too.

I don't think people will turn away a free game. Just look at the unity Xbox One bundle. But you get my point. Give away first party stuff and add more value to the box at little cost to the company. Basically a starter kit of games.

Max King of the Wild

The last of  us 2 should benefit from this.

Raven

The last of  us 2 should benefit from this.

Should but unfortunately I think I read a rumor that Naughty Dog has put the sequel on hold to get more people working on Uncharted 4. Not sure what kind of effect that may have if TLOU 2 doesn't come out for quite a while.

ethomaz

I think it is the best and easy game to bundle for Sony.

Good move.

MS can give MCC in each bundle too... it is the right move.

Xevross

So this will be a standard USA bundle which will be readily stocked, perhaps instead of the standard SKU? Great move

Raven

So this will be a standard USA bundle which will be readily stocked, perhaps instead of the standard SKU? Great move

Yeah. Amazon already has it. It replaced the "pick one from four" game deal. I'm pretty sure this will be the default SKU going forward. Which will make things interesting.

Dr. Pezus

Yeah. Amazon already has it. It replaced the "pick one from four" game deal. I'm pretty sure this will be the default SKU going forward. Which will make things interesting.
Nope I believe a 1TB PS4 is about to be announced

Raven

Nope I believe a 1TB PS4 is about to be announced

Never doubt an.... Icelandian?

DD_Bwest

What if they have 2 skus, a 500 and a 1tb.

Can anyone else picture sony releasing a playstation branded harddrive for the less computer savy to upgrade?

the-pi-guy

What if they have 2 skus, a 500 and a 1tb.

Can anyone else picture sony releasing a playstation branded harddrive for the less computer savy to upgrade?

Not really. 
I could see USB HDD support. 

DD_Bwest

Not really. 
I could see USB HDD support. 
idno i just figured they miht release one that inckudes instructions and maybe some preloaded software.  The less informed would feel good knowing it would work. Ajd they could slap on a small premium