Sony CES 2015 TVs

Started by darkknightkryta, Jan 11, 2015, 01:53 AM

previous topic - next topic

darkknightkryta

Sony made some new goodies:

Android on TV now.  I have a feeling Remote Play is coming, maybe even Playstation Mobile :O

Max King of the Wild

What's the point of those? Geez

Whats the price of their tvs?

Mmm_fish_tacos

Dat projector, dat projector is bad dog. And now I want to be rich more than ever

Dr. Pezus

4k laser projector 7 inches from the wall?? Wtf

Rorono

Imagine playing The Order or Uncharted 4 on that*.

*while sitting outside the house in order to be at an optimal viewing distance

Mmm_fish_tacos

Imagine playing The Order or Uncharted 4 on that*.

*while sitting outside the house in order to be at an optimal viewing distance

I sit 8 feet from 120 inch screen. :)

darkknightkryta

4k laser projector 7 inches from the wall?? Wtf

I think its more for businesses.  Like, I think having those at like Comicon and the like will be pretty epic.  Imagine screening a new trailer for, let's say Justice League, at 4k right in the conference hall?  Though when Sony manages to shrink the tech down, it's gonna be pretty amazing for home use. 

I'm actually really impressed with their new T.V.s  The hanging mount is pretty much what people have wanted for the past while and no one's ever delivered.  Interestingly though, seems like oled is indeed too expensive.  LG and Samsung are switching back to LCD panels.  I just wish someone could make foolproof plasmas at a good price.

Shinobi-san

That tv is so thin :( I want one now!
Vizioneck STILL not banned at my workplace \O/

kitler53

oh man that projector.   i had a roomate with a projector once and it was awesome but the bulb replacement and ceiling mounting was a pain and turned me off from having a projector for myself later when i was buying a tv.  but fudge,.. that projector is pure naughtiness.   scale that down to a more reasonable size/stat/price and i'll buy that over a normal screen at my next tv replacement in about 5 years.   55k hours is redonculous.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Max King of the Wild

So how much are we expecting the android tvs to be? I'm interested.

darkknightkryta

So how much are we expecting the android tvs to be? I'm interested.

I'm guessing the price of their smart tvs.  for 55 inches that's around 1500 cad.