Transistor sells more than 600k copies!

Started by Dr. Pezus, Jan 08, 2015, 09:46 PM

previous topic - next topic

Dr. Pezus

The launch of Transistor back in May of last year was a big deal for our small studio, as it was our next original game following the success of our first game, Bastion. Bastion's success exceeded our wildest fantasies by quite a bit -- it's sold more than 3 million copies to date, the majority of which happened many months after the game first came out on Xbox 360 and PC.
So, we were very happy to see Transistor selling even faster relative to Bastion during the first couple of months after its launch. With the new year upon us, we checked our spreadsheets, rubbed our eyes, checked our spreadsheets again and can now report that, thus far, Transistor has sold well over 600,000 copies between Steam and the PlayStation Store!

Source: http://www.supergiantgames.com/blog/transistor-earns-60-industry-accolades-sells-more-than-600k-copies/

Xevross

Deserves such a lot more than that. Its an amazing game! Still, nice sales

Rorono

Bought it launch. Great game

Dr. Pezus

Tracking ahead of Bastion, which reached 3m+!

darkknightkryta

Still waiting for price drop on PSN, or steam (I haven't been paying attention on steam).

Legend

So I should play it?

Gifted it to neverdies for his bd.

ethomaz

So I should play it?

Yeap... amazing game.

Dr. Pezus

Still waiting for price drop on PSN, or steam (I haven't been paying attention on steam).
Price was dropped in the holiday PSN sale!

Dr. Pezus

So I should play it?

Yep I think it's probably right up your alley

Legend

Yep I think it's probably right up your alley

I don't like artistic indie garbage though.

Dr. Pezus

Heheheh

darkknightkryta

Exactly.  We need more mathematical, vectorized indie games.  Those are far superior.