PS4 sales disappoint for the first time, sells 18.5 (10.9m PS+ subs)

Started by Dr. Pezus, Jan 06, 2015, 12:03 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

DD_Bwest

18.5 lol wow vgc is relatively close..   a great number.  its just not the insane 20million projection some had.   still incredible.   lots of people were saying 15-16m

Mmm_fish_tacos

18.5 lol wow vgc is relatively close..   a great number.  its just not the insane 20million projection some had.   still incredible.   lots of people were saying 15-16m

If they would have stepped up and went toe to toe with ms over the past two moths they could have pulled it off or at least dang close. But 20 million by february is almost certain.

Mmm_fish_tacos

It's on the bottom of press release. But thats for Asia. Only the 3rd for the word

Yeah, thanks i found it right after i posted that.

Mmm_fish_tacos

if they over tacked the ps4 by that much, how much to you think they over tracked the Xbox One? We all know it is.

Dr. Pezus

if they over tacked the ps4 by that much, how much to you think they over tracked the Xbox One? We all know it is.
Yep I expect Dec NPD to show both overtracked by quite a bit and Europe+ROW should be overtracked for both

Rorono

Jan 06, 2015, 12:42 AM Last Edit: Jan 06, 2015, 12:44 AM by Rorono

Probably the same amount as they seem to be using very rigid ratios.
They'll probably only adjust down the PS4 though.

Xevross

Jan 06, 2015, 12:45 AM Last Edit: Jan 06, 2015, 12:56 AM by Xevross
Summary of the 100% facts from this:

PS4 hardware was 14.4m as of November 22nd (360k over tracked on VGC)
PS4 hardware is 18.5m as of January 3rd
PS4 software was 64m as of November 22nd
PS4 software is 81.8m as of January 3rd
There are now 10.9m PS+ subs

DD_Bwest

so sony bringing in 55million from ps+ subs a month..  I wonder what the cost is on the freebies etc.

Mmm_fish_tacos

so sony bringing in 55million from ps+ subs a month..  I wonder what the cost is on the freebies etc.

lol not anywhere near that much. Their gaming division should look really good in the next report.

Dr. Pezus

Summary of the 100% facts from this:

PS4 hardware was 14.4m as of November 22nd (360k over tracked on VGC)
PS4 hardware is 18.5m as of January 3rd
PS4 software was 64m as of November 22nd (8m under tracked on VGC)
PS4 software is 81.8m as of January 3rd
There are now 10.9m PS+ subs

Software includes digital so if we assume 10-15% digital it's pretty good software tracking before the holidays

Xevross

Software includes digital so if we assume 10-15% digital it's pretty good software tracking before the holidays

Fair enough. 17.8m for BF+Dec is very disappointing

DD_Bwest

lol not anywhere near that much. Their gaming division should look really good in the next report.
i hope they reinvest some of that coin into psn stability lol

Rorono

Xevross

Why?

Average of just under 3m per week ain't that great

Mmm_fish_tacos

Wait, are we serious here?

Go Up