PS4 sales disappoint for the first time, sells 18.5 (10.9m PS+ subs)

Started by Dr. Pezus, Jan 06, 2015, 12:03 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=965548

• 18.5m PS4 consoles sold as of Jan 3 (Jan 4 in Asia)

• 4.1m PS4 consoles sold in 2014 holiday season (Nov 23-Jan 3)
  • 81.8m software (retail+digital)

• 17.8m software sold in 2014 holiday season (Nov 23-Jan 3)

nnodley

LULZ at the title!! the salt in the gaf thread and on twitter is straight cringe worthy.

Rorono

Software: 81.8 million.
Hardware: 18.5 million

Tie ratio: 4.42

Dr. Pezus

Software: 81.8 million.
Hardware: 18.5 million

Tie ratio: 4.42
Epic software sales. Do you think it includes digital or is it only retail?

Rorono

Epic software sales. Do you think it includes digital or is it only retail?

I'd assume only retail

darkknightkryta

Can't get to Neogaf. What the problem is? Not 20 million?

Xevross

Can't get to Neogaf. What the problem is? Not 20 million?

Yep.

Considering I predicted 16.2m at the start of the year, I'll say that these are excellent sales

Max King of the Wild

You can tell it's sold since press release quotes "sony investigations" also, till the 3rd. Not 4th.... Unless we live in Asia.

Dr. Pezus

Gaf are actually very happy with the sales, which is not surprising considering they had got no sales numbers except NPD for the past few months and many believed XB1 was closing the gap lol

Rorono

Jan 06, 2015, 12:25 AM Last Edit: Jan 06, 2015, 12:35 AM by Rorono

Gaf are actually very happy with the sales, which is not surprising considering they had got no sales numbers except NPD for the past few months and many believed XB1 was closing the gap lol

Every place is. Except VGC

It's definitely not disappointing. Only reason it didn't meet some expectations is because it kept beating expectations so those became too big, it had to blow up at some point cause there's a limit to that.

For example, around 6 or so months back i thought it'd reach 20M around March-ish 2016
Then with new data I started to think maybe 19 or 19.5 at years end

So in essence, it missed the "new" expectation but is right on track for the previous one, which was already very dang good.

Max King of the Wild

weren't people on gaf claiming sony hasn't sold more than 12m since they didn't give any update since. I at least remember articles quoting shipped figures of MS to months old sold numbers from sony and people assumed ms was catching up

Dr. Pezus

"We also learn that 81.8 million PS4 games were sold counting both retail and digital sales as of January 4th. Of those, 17.8 million copies were moved during the latest Holiday Season."

Max King of the Wild

Every place is. Except VGC
funny considering expectations were 3m less there

Mmm_fish_tacos

sold! and they sold 4.1 million over the holidays. I don't know why people on chartz seem to think that its as of january 4th. Where did they get that from?

Max King of the Wild

sold! and they sold 4.1 million over the holidays. I don't know why people on chartz seem to think that its as of january 4th. Where did they get that from?
It's on the bottom of press release. But thats for Asia. Only the 3rd for the word

Go Up