Sony Report 13.5 million PS4 shipped as of Sept 30th!

Started by the-pi-guy, Oct 31, 2014, 06:07 AM

previous topic - next topic

ethomaz

BananaKing

4.2m sold to consumers. We didn't know how much they had shipped until now. 4.5m was the estimate by most I think since it was supply constrained.

i just assumed it was completely sold out. so 4.2 shipped. guess i was wrong.

ethomaz

GAF didn't allow necro but this thread...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489769

Sony 3rd, drops out of console business

lol lol lol

NeverDies

This'll hopefully make more companies make games, since they see the PS4 is doing so well.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

ethomaz

Xevross

I think PS4 will stay ahead of Wii in the next quarter but will struggle to hold on to it for longer than that. PS4 dominating next gen so far this year

ethomaz

I think PS4 will stay ahead of Wii in the next quarter but will struggle to hold on to it for longer than that. PS4 dominating next gen so far this year

It needs at least 6.6m shipped next quarter... it is not that easy but perfectly possible.

I guess it will do ~6 million.

Xevross

It needs at least 6.6m shipped next quarter... it is not that easy but perfectly possible.

I guess it will do ~6 million.

I'm thinking it'll do about 7 and reach 20m shipped

Raven

Considering the PS4 is $150 more than the Wii was I think it's pretty clear what's going to happen. The PS4 will hit a point where the Wii, by relative time, will have been doing better and then the PS4 gets a price drop and sales shoot up. Possibly surpassing Wii sales at the time. The big difference will be staying power. The Wii dropped hard after... what... 3 years? The PS4 will likely continue selling well until the next generation.

Legend

Considering the PS4 is $150 more than the Wii was I think it's pretty clear what's going to happen. The PS4 will hit a point where the Wii, by relative time, will have been doing better and then the PS4 gets a price drop and sales shoot up. Possibly surpassing Wii sales at the time. The big difference will be staying power. The Wii dropped hard after... what... 3 years? The PS4 will likely continue selling well until the next generation.

And don't forget vr!

That'll bring ps4 to a whole new market, and give a bigger bump than kinect imo.

Max King of the Wild

Will ps4 ship more end of year than wii u lifetime?

Legend

Already has.

Xevross

No. WiiU will have shipped 9-10m by then and I see PS4 Q3 shipments being 6-8m. Unless I'm misunderstanding the question.

ethomaz

ethomaz

No. WiiU will have shipped 9-10m by then and I see PS4 Q3 shipments being 6-8m. Unless I'm misunderstanding the question.

PS4 after next shipment (~19-20m) will do more than Wii U lifetime sales... like in 2020 Wii U will have less than 20 million sales yet.

Go Up