[center][color=orange][size=36pt][font=SOFont]Sunset Overdrive[/font][/size][/color][/center]

Started by Raven, May 08, 2014, 02:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Raven

Release Date: Fall 2014

Platforms: Xbox One

Developer: Insomniac Games

Publisher: Microsoft

Sunset Overdrive

This is a community thread to discuss all things Sunset Overdrive. Please try to stay on topic. Information about the game will be added to the OP as it becomes available. News, interviews, screenshots, and videos are all welcome!

- The city is overrun with mutants. People who have been transformed by a new beverage.
- Traversal of the city is done with fast-paced parkour.
- Many strange factions in the game to meet such as a group of wannabe Samurai's and out-of-control role players.
- Weapons in the game are silly. A gun that shoots bouncing bowling balls, model helicopters with turrets, and teddy bears with dynamite are just a few of them.
- Amps add twists to how your character plays such as small nuclear explosions from certain shots or tornadoes coming out of your melee attacks.
- Many enemies on-screen at one time.
- Some enemies interact with each other in different ways. Some mutants will grab their allies and throw them at you.

E3 2013 Reveal

Sunset Overdrive First Look

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05/08/xbox-one-exclusive-sunset-overdrive-gets-tons-of-new-info-on-gameplay-design-franchise-plans-and-more/

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05/08/xbox-one-exclusive-sunset-overdrive-has-40000-polygons-per-character-and-physically-simulated-cloth/

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/sunset_overdrive/b/xboxone/archive/2014/05/08/drink-in-insomniacs-colorful-open-world-screenshots-art.aspx

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/sunset_overdrive/b/xboxone/archive/2014/05/08/insomniac-s-ted-price-talks-open-world-lessons-learned-from-fuse.aspx

Raven

Saw the video on Game Informer today, which now seems to be missing, and it looked really cool. Like what would happen if Pixar was sponsored by a soda company to do a game like Infamous while being a little goofy like Ratchet & Clank.

Dr. Pezus

Looks quite cool. I like the art style. Now they just have to prove they've still got it in the gameplay department

Dr. Pezus

Mmm_fish_tacos

Do they really think it's a good idea to tell everyone that "it's the game they've been building up to for 20 years" while switching to xbox? That isn't going to make their fans happy.

Dr. Pezus

Do they really think it's a good idea to tell everyone that "it's the game they've been building up to for 20 years" while switching to xbox? That isn't going to make their fans happy.

Lol yeah, I almost screamed at the screen. What a slap in the face. Building up to it for 20 years on another platform with other people...

Mmm_fish_tacos

Lol yeah, I almost screamed at the screen. What a slap in the face. Building up to it for 20 years on another platform with other people...

I just can't see this going anywhere anyway. i've seen every game they've ever made mashed up into this with less likable characters. It looked quite dull actually. Maybe the xbox fanbase will support them better than Sonys has the last few years, but to be fair it was their own fault.

Dr. Pezus

I just can't see this going anywhere anyway. i've seen every game they've ever made mashed up into this with less likable characters. It looked quite dull actually. Maybe the xbox fanbase will support them better than Sonys has the last few years, but to be fair it was their own fault.

Yeah, well, if they'll get support it will only be due to the game being good. The Xboxers sure didn't support them with Fuse

Legend

I'm not too hyped for the game as a whole, but lots of features in that video look really cool!

Raven

I think it'll be fun but some of the comments about the game are just the same old nonsense. Game of the year, completely mind-blowing, nothing else compares so far, etc. Calm the hell down. Let's try to learn a lesson from the games already released. It's probably a good game, possibly a great game even, but nothing we're carefully shown matters compared to the final product. Are people really that willing to set themselves up for another game falling short of inflated expectations? It's okay to be excited but holy crud. I'm excited for a lot of games this year but I'd never peg any of them as "Game of the Year!" based on a few clips, some screenshots, and a developer talking its game up months from release.

darkknightkryta

This looks really rough around the edges.  I mean, it looks REALLY boring.  It's like they fired everyone that worked on Resistance 3.  I seriously hope they have a backup plan cause this might go the way of TitanFall.

Dr. Pezus

Well yeah. The artstyle is great but technically it doesn't come close to inFAMOUS (another recent open-world game). The FPS also seemed to be really low in the vid.

7H3

So Jelly! This game looks like Monster Madness on CRACK!
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

mustacheman

Looks awesome. Hopefully it plays just as well, because this could be a classic in the making.

nnodley

Hmm, like the art style just not sure if it's a game I would like.  If I ever get an xbox one i may get it, but thats a big if, if I do get one.

Go Up