Kaz: "We want to make it very Gran Turismo.", PS4 makes “incredible difference”, "2015 or 2016"

Started by ethomaz, Oct 13, 2014, 07:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

ethomaz

See the parts of a new interview of the GT man.

"Everything will be running naturally," Yamauchi assured us. "PS3 was much, much more difficult. The high quality of data that we have being rendered on the PS4 I think is going to make an incredible difference."

"For GT7, myself and my staff have a clear vision: to do everything we couldn't do in GT6. We want to make it very Gran Turismo. By that I mean it's going to be a game that matches the very era that we live in, in 2015 or 2016."

Source: http://www.gamestm.co.uk/interviews/ps4-makes-incredible-difference-for-gran-turismo-says-yamauchi/

the-pi-guy

Wonder how it'll compare to Driveclub.

I'm expecting 1080p60, and it'll look not quite as good, but pretty close. 

NeverDies

<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

Xevross

It'll be much better than Driveclub! Then again, that isn't too hard to achieve

the-pi-guy

Xevross

the-pi-guy

Seeing as it'll be a year or more later it should look just as good or better

I expect it'll be "held back" by frame rate though. 

Xevross

I expect it'll be "held back" by frame rate though.

Maybe, tbh I've been completely satisfied with 30 fps in Driveclub but if GT can make it to 60 then it definitely should

ethomaz

BTW this magazine is a hell of biased.

The biggest highlight was the GT interview and they put "Halo will destroy the console war" lol lo lol

the-pi-guy

The biggest highlight was the GT interview and they put "Halo will destroy the console war" lol lo lol

Xbox One's Destiny?  What? 

u4gReservoirDogs

MS + bag of money = shaming frontpage on a magazine?
I'm always willing to endure humiliation on behalf of my characters. - Ben Stiller

BananaKing

Seeing as it'll be a year or more later it should look just as good or better

nope. driveclub will be the kind of racer visuals for a long time. 1080p @30fps and a circuit racer. and the lengths evolution went to develop the visuals is phenomenal.

Raven

Well you have to remember that we're talking about the UK. For whatever reason, Microsoft dumps tons of money into marketing and promotions there compared to pretty much anywhere else.

As for Halo 5 "destroying" the console war, I seriously doubt it. I love Halo. I could never emphasize enough how fond of it I am. However, it's going to be a case of too little, too late. It's not coming out until Holiday 2015. Looking at the number and kinds of titles the PS4 has coming next year, or at least planned for now, and comparing that to what is coming next year for the X1.... it's just so far in PS4's favor at the moment. The X1 currently doesn't have anything officially announced for the first half of next year and even the rumor mill isn't saying much about X1 games until the second half. It really does look like the X1 is about to suffer through another 6-month stretch of no new retail exclusives.

With Bloodborne and The Order right around the corner after the holidays and the Ratchet & Clank remake supposedly releasing in the first half, all attention is clearly going to be on the PS4 for quite a while. Then with Persona 5, Disgaea 5, Uncharted 4, Tearaway, and Until Dawn targeted for release later in the year it's just difficult to see how the X1 2015 lineup can compete. Halo 5 will be powerful but Fable Legends isn't getting much hype. In fact, Lionhead has been getting some criticism for the new direction of the franchise. Quantum Break will likely get talked up but I don't see it moving consoles. Rather, a solid edition to the X1 for current owners. Let's not even get started on Rise of the Tomb Raider. We're not even including the ridiculous amount of digital titles on the way for PS4 and some of which are a big deal.

It's just the same talk we heard about Titanfall. One game is going to magically change everything according to some people.

Dr. Pezus

Cars will look better, environment won't