Fish tacos thread of making!

Viewing single post

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Nov 12, 2015, 04:03 AM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

tacos yelled at me so i guess i'll post some details of my game room project.

Here are some pics of the current state of my new game room in my new home:

as you can see it is very very red.  that will have to change.  i wanted to go a dark blue but i couldn't fix my old game room couch in this room (the legs are not removable and i literally can't fit it though the door) so i'm inheriting the one we use to have in the living room.  that couch i green so i'm going to go with a dark green color.

I had to do some basic electric work.  seriously,.. who the fudge paints the power outlets?!?!

The windows had to be updated to.  Left is the holes from removing the curtains.  right is a view of me removing the grid things from the inside of the windows.  easy projects but oh boy did it look like crud before.

here is the untampered front room to give you an idea of how this room used to look.

the picture doesn't show much but i rewired the lights from a single pole with a dimmer configuration to a 3-pole with dimmer configuration.  it was weird and awkward to me that you couldn't turn the light on when entering the room.

I like this photo.  The rug the size of the entire floor space in my last game room back at the condo.  I like tight/cosy spaces and i was happy to have a small room but this room is still a lot bigger and game like wii-sports or whatever simply couldn't be played.  this room should be accommodating to some degree of motion gaming and seated vr i suppose.

my next project is to punch a hole in the wall and run an ethernet cord into the room.  the wifi is just way too far away to get a decent signal.  the modem is in the basement directly below this room so it should be too bad of a project.  the hardest part will be fishing the wire up from the basement while doing the work myself.  this is one of those things where a second set of hands would be greatly appreciated.

after that,.. painting.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens